Imagine Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
This thread is a place for contemplating the mystery of love and imagining what it would be like. To visualize the reflection is to actualize the sensation.

JUST A LITTLE

It occurs to me some of us don't know how to take a compliment. Offering up a constant flow of limitless love seems like a good idea, but to the person who has made solitude their home it is an undeserving overload that will not go well. It's impossible to comprehend love of this magnitude let alone receive and accept it.

So we start with something small and simple. A compliment, a gentle touch, or a sudden kiss on the cheek or hand. It comes in a moment of silence, out of place and interrupting the normal flow of conversation or at the very end of a seemingly innocent get together.

Just as a starving person has a small stomach so is one who typically lives without ever receiving affection or praise from another. The one tiny complement is sincere, from a heart filled with deep passion, and delivered to a person to whom it will be amplified to ridiculous proportions. It is a tiny meal, but it will be received and accepted.

The compliment is also a lingering affirmation. It will be accepted as truth and remain in the stomach for quite a bit, or at least until the next meal. In time the starving sensation begins to vanish and a greater display of affection will be required. The key component though is that compliment or affection is intense, indisputable, and irrepressible. When the person who gives you this compliment is absolute and sure of themself there is no room for dispute. The compliment or affection insists on itself in a manner to which it will never accept refusal.

AFFIRMATION IN STILLNESS

Late at night my love is with me, lying on the bed. She puts her head on my chest, smiles, and goes to sleep. So comfortable in my presence, and well fed on my love. How did this ever happen? As I lay there awake afflicted with insomnia I am driven by the sheer force of this single seemingly insignificant action. How can I accept such a meal? Could this paradise be real?

I want to get up or move around, but she has had a busy day. I dare not move lest I wake her. Yet I am awake and still cannot sleep. I am trapped in her unconscious grasp forced to accept the validity of her love and reflect on my appreciation of it. My entire body attuned in prayer I achieve perfect stillness. It is here I will finally come to terms with the reality of things. This is what I wanted, what I wished for.

Silently I put my arm around her, clearly envisioning all potential danger like a vicious hound dog who seeks out a threat before it can ever do any harm. Paradise must never be taken from granted, when perfection feels it has attained perfection it has nowhere to go. No matter how perfect it must always strive, but it is yet perfect in its own way.

My thoughts grow weary. I am drained. Soon I find myself becoming comfortable. My lover has become an inseparable part of my being. This is the true meaning of her tired unconscious affirmation. The mystery she must have unknowingly wanted me to find. Or maybe she did know. What did she think I would do just falling to sleep on me like that? I'm thinking too much. In the moments that follow there are no more thoughts, no more strife, only acceptance, and then I drift off into sleep completing trusting the affirmation.

COMPLETE SURRENDER

My lover awakens in the morning. She realizes I somehow managed to fall asleep in such a position. She knows I have never slept on my back, only my stomach, and yet I found some way to adapt and enjoy, but why? She wonders if I went through such a fuss merely not to wake her. She begins to realize my unconscious affirmation. My arm was around her, holding her tight. She removes it and goes to get breakfast.

She is disturbed somehow. After all the time we've spent together this affirmation is no mere morsel. It is 100% of my love displayed all at once. This is impossible to swallow. A paradise that can't be real. She decides it must be put to the test.

Today is the day I will be fully initiated into her love. She will hurt me, torture me, and test the true extent of it. For just one day I will embrace her pain like it were pleasure and be completely dominated. On this day she will have complete control and by the end of it I will have spent all my money on some ridiculously lavish gift, a diamond ring maybe.

YOU ARE MINE

The next day the roles are reversed and her love will be tested. Everything she did to me will be returned. She remembers herself as she was, a love starved dweller of solitude. She may even be ridden with guilt about some of things that happened last night. This is a day where I will reveal every one of my deepest flaws to see if she can completely accept them.

SILENCE

Today is a very unusual day. Today there will be no conversation. We can only express ourselves through body language and music. It is a day where our symmetry will be put to the test, and a fun one at that. We will need to understand each other on an instinctive level, to a point to where nothing need be said.

SOUL CONNECTION

With creativity, imagination, and small doses of time apart love is something that can be kept alive. Meanwhile we are asking how powerful has our love really become? This will be a time to explore the connection to its limits. Here we do things like try and read each others mind, send psychic signals across long distances. Heal each other of headaches and colds. This phase never really ends because there are always new heights to reach.

A ROMANTIC DEATH

We resolve to die together. When it happens to one the other will immediately follow. Now we see if our love can withstand the test of the universe. Our souls, if we have them, will attempt to be inseparable by fate. It is the perfect end to a perfect love.

I like the way you write Steve.
It helps if I'm openminded and had some spiritaul practice in my life.

well..the experince was sort of like that in the material realm.
Not exactly..I imaged everybody has thier own conception of what perfet love is.

Thank you. It was really just a rough draft and I got kinda lazy with it midway down. I just kinda went with what came to mind, which is not my usual approach. I don't usually write in first person either. It reflects what I think because if I did find love I would be disillusioned with it for a long time. Always wondering "can this be real? Is it really happening?"

As for living with flaws two people in a relationship should both try to improve for one another. This may not be true for every flaw, but for someone who is overweight or has a problem with addictions it is. I think that people were meant to need each other and help each other and that trying to make it in a world like this with virtually no support at all is bound to take its toll on us.

Maybe its me. I find that things are relatively low profile if I'm alone, but if theres suddenly someone in my life who depends on me I feel like I have the strength to do anything. This is something of a paradox as you sort of need that strength beforehand, but I find it hard to have faith that I will meet someone who gets me, and I'm so critical of myself that I feel like unless I'm a handsome millionaire I shouldn't bother looking.

I've been doing some writing here and there even as far back as 10, but I have a problem with staying focused. I've had so many ideas for projects that I'm still torn between them all. Some I also abandoned as I became more mature. These are mainly sci-fi and fantasy. I'd always hoped these would make me rich, but I found myself wasting too much time. So I am going to finish them, but I'm also looking for other opportunities that I would enjoy.

I had made my own world in my head with lots of adventures as early as 5. Thats the good side of it anyway. The bad side is I was a textbook example of the psychology where a child turns inward and away from the world because his folks were always yelling at each other at an early age.

For a while I got used to a life of solitude and lost motivation for things and I got into MMO like World of Warcraft, etc. Their fun at first, but after a while its just the same thing over and over again. Lately I've been driven by a strong desire to do something with my talents and even seek love, which I had thought I could abandon. I just really want to give it my all this time. I've been going back and forth in my head too, needing to know the full extent of things and settle them once and for all.

But I digress. This topic isn't about me, I'll post more of that in my intro thread. This topic is for anyone to use to imagine love and assess their basic approach to it and their expectations.

I agree with what you said about if you love someone they will bring out the better part of you.
I stopped smoking becuase i fell in love with someone I love very much.
Everytime i thought about smoking..i thought of her instead.
She didn't smoke and was willing to put up with my smoking...she loved me for me. Sort of like unconditional love.
Ask a human being, I knew she had her limits or tolerrance...but it was pretty close
to unconditional love. I felt she loved me unconditionally.
If I belive there's a god...my definition of god is unconditional love.
She also knew alot of my other flaws as I opened up myself more to her.
She nevered asked me to stopped smoking nor told me i had to change to be with her.
Just knowing that she loves me....i can't really explain it..but it was like i wanted to live and be
the best that i can be. I had energy , I wasn't tired, I was more creative. A zest for life sort of speak.

Latest posts

Back