Impulsive Decision Anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
Impulsive behavior is when you act quickly without considering the consequences. I recently made a hasty decision about plastic surgery. I wish I didn't, but now I will lose money as I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. The decision was for breast reduction. ( 36 DD) I went to my doctor for a bell palsy-related problem, and I got carried away. I can only get out of it if my general doctor does not give me clearance. I feel like a fool and just wanted to vent. Please share with me if you, too, have ever acted impulsively.

Impulsive behavior is when you act quickly without considering the consequences. I recently made a hasty decision about plastic surgery. I wish I didn't, but now I will lose money as I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. The decision was for breast reduction. ( 36 DD) I went to my doctor for a bell palsy-related problem, and I got carried away. I can only get out of it if my general doctor does not give me clearance. I feel like a fool and just wanted to vent. Please share with me if you, too, have ever acted impulsively.
Honestly my bestie did this and called them and made up a lie that her dad committed suicide to get her money back but hers was for implants.

I have started businesses with no real plan lol had procedures done on my body in different countries without telling my mum… you knowww crazy things. I hope you can plead and get ya money back.

When I get depressed I buy stuff perhaps unwisely. Not really to the extent of it being a major problem but when you feel down about your life you start to get that desperation to change something, anything. Also when I was in late teens and early twenties I had some pretty bad body dysmorphia and would constantly try to change my appearance, like I'd look in the mirror and get that desperation, and what would always happen is I'd cut my hair off, which would make things worse. It was weird but thankfully I don't have that problem so bad now.

Reason I'm kinda broke like all the time is because I suffer from impulse buying a lot. I just see something then get it. Even shopping for food and stuff I end up buying snacks, icecream and drinks and stuff because it's there and I want it =/

I have a serious impulse control problem when it comes to buying stuff. I can't go into Gamestop without spending at least 100 bucks every time no matter how much I try to control myself. I see something that I want I buy it, unless it is stupidly expensive for what I think it's worth but other than that...yeah...I need better self control.

I have impulse issues. Some have turned out wonderful and some not so much. My best show dog came from an impulse buy lol.

I went to counseling for this. You have to train your brain and journal, and ask yourself why am I doing this? It takes awhile to get there. Start small, maybe just a few times a week start asking yourself, why am I buying this? doing this? etc. Sometimes we shop because of emotions. Or with me, I eat with stress. I currently have to retrain my brain and start questioning "Why am I eating this?"

It's not easy, but I am 2 years out of counseling now (I went for 3 years) and I am much better than I used to be. Not perfect, but much better.

I have Impulses with binge eating sometimes and with being to clingy to someone, like, always texting a lot and oversharing sometimes, just because I'm in a special mood. Impulses also, when I get triggered from s.o., which I now try to handle with skills, because If my reaction is angry, I get judgemental and that is not good. Impulses also regarding self harm and suicidal or risky behaviour, but I have skills now, that help me to control the dangerous aspects of it.

Guys… gals… stars … idols… please tell me, am I buying all this medical equipment from amazon because I need it or not 😅

currently in my cart:

i’ve got that finger oxygen thingy
Blood pressure monitor
Heart monitor
Oxygen concentrator?
Gloves
Aprons

im like scared of another weird pandemic but i think this might be impulsive

Guys… gals… stars … idols… please tell me, am I buying all this medical equipment from amazon because I need it or not 😅

currently in my cart:

Blood pressure monitor
Heart monitor
Oxygen concentrator?
Gloves
Aprons

im like scared of another weird pandemic but i think this might be impulsive
****! no nurses outfit? 😇

Blood pressure monitor
Heart monitor
Oxygen concentrator?
Gloves
Aprons

Pulse oximeter is the finger oxygen thingy.

I own all but two of those things.
I think you could do without the oxygen concentrator and unless you have heart issues, you can do without the heart monitor. Everything else is actually good to have on hand. Doctors recommend you having them.

I own a blood pressure monitor and gloves. I asked my General doctor if I should buy a heart monitor, he replied, " no, you do not have a heart problem." Now you got me thinking about an oximeter too. If you can afford it and owning them makes you feel safer, go for it.

Proud to say I controlled my impulsive shopping this week. Jeans were buy 1 get 2 free, but they were all distressed with holes up to the hoohaw.

Later ruined my impulses by buying buy 1 get one half off, for jeans with no holes

I don't tend to have problems with impulse control, that I'm aware of... At this juncture, I can't afford to have that problem. In the past, yeah, probably.

Maybe every now and then; but, not often...

You would be absolutely amazed at how quickly you can amass wealth, once you get control of your, 'little expenditures.' 80-90% of those purchases aren't necessary. Even when you are making the bare minimum, the money really adds up fast, when you stop blowing it on stupid honeysuckle.

You feel better too. Very rarely, will any purchase, provide lasting contentment.

I received a Cambelback cup from my sister as a gift, about a year ago. It's probably the only physical object I own, that continues to provide contentment. It's a good cup, keeps my water cold. lol. Everything else, is kind of just stuff I own...

Buying stuff to fill a void, I think, just tends to leave you feeling more empty in the end. It begins to clutter your living space and brings you down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back