Interesting Scenario

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you rather?

• Successful in life, but failure with opposite gender

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Successful with the opposite gender, but failure in life

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

A Desolate Soul

Reaction score
So i was up late thinking as usual and i want to run a poll to get other opinions.

would you rather be successful in life, but failure with the opposite gender
or
successful with the opposite gender, but failure in life

to clarify, successful in life in this context means well educated, very wise and knowledgeable about the world, good fulfilling career that you enjoy, many good contributions to society (possibly Nobel prize worthy)

and successful with the opposite gender meaning having that one or many meaningful relationships you've always wanted, getting laid regularly, etc.

vote please :]

I really wouldn't want either of those, I'd hate to be a failure in life just to be successful with the opposite gender. Being successful in life would be nice but I wouldn't be happy unless I had someone in my life so I had to go with option B. I would rather be successful with the opposite gender.

I am already "Successful in life, but failure with opposite gender" and I can definitely say this is no good. I would not wish this on anyone. Some people might be OK with it, but I am not. The way I see it, being successful with the opposite gender is success in life. As other posters have said, life is all about the meaningful relationship. Without that, life is not worth living, at least in my humble opinion

Since we're doing the personality types thing, apparently...

I'm an ISTP.

So naturally I follow my own rules and reject your scenarios. I believe that a person can have BOTH success in life and success with whatever sex they're interested in.

Badjedidude said:
Since we're doing the personality types thing, apparently...

I'm an ISTP.

So naturally I follow my own rules and reject your scenarios. I believe that a person can have BOTH success in life and success with whatever sex they're interested in.

i know that you can have both, but i wanted to know which would you rather have haha.

and i am an INTP. being successful with the opposite gender is nice, but i think i'd rather be successful in life, since intellectual pursuits is my thing ^_^

A Desolate Soul said:
i know that you can have both, but i wanted to know which would you rather have haha.

Heh I know. :p But it's hard for me to answer things like that because I'll always be looking for a third or fourth or fifth solution. lol

Heh heh.. This one's tough! I'm an INXP but I relate more to INTP.
I guess I would pick the first option, being succesful in life but failure with the opposite gender.
Who's to say that I won't be able to find someone who I can connect to afterwards? =P
Besides, since independence and knowledge is important to me.. I'll be able to take care of myself with all the freedom I have, which would make me a happier INTP.
Being a happier INTP, I would be less of a recluse and hopefully hold onto the idea of giving others a chance to get to know me. ^^ If they don't want me, at least I'll still have myself.

I'm a INFJ-counselar. I choose option B, which I am already. I need someone to be part of my sucesses and failures. I'm too emotional to stay sane by myself.

Latest posts

Back