Intimidation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almond said:
There's another problem on this forum too. If you cross the wrong person they spread rumors that just aren't true. Some people here do some very nasty things in PM but then nobody can see that and just take their words that they were the ones harassed.

When I joined this site I had no idea that people would be so cruel and viscious in PM. I thought it would be pretty much the same as it is out in the open. I didn't know I would have people sending PMs with threats, foul language, and insults.

This has been a very big disappointment.

Yep! And that's exactly the reason why I opted not to receive PM's..I decided that if anyone ever had anything to say to me..it would have to be in a public post.. Don't be disappointed Almond..the world doesn't change..not even here. There will always be small minded spiteful souls that delight in harming others..The main thing is..not to allow anyone the power to control your feelings or actions. And truthfully with those types of people..nothing ever evolves past a second grade drama..You will always meet people that don't like you for some stupid reason or another. So why let it get you down? Do you value their opinion of yourself more than your own? I would simply tell them to buzz off! Their limited and vulgar use of the English language is often just an indication of their low I.Q.;)

Wow, I would have never guessed that so many people had bad experiences here. I've never gotten a negative PM from anyone. I think maybe some guys here have something against girls...but that's just my hunch. Anyway, I may argue with people in my posts but the truth is I love everyone here! And, if anyone ever sent me an insulting PM, I wouldn't care at all cause I've been *****-slapped my entire life!

mimi38 said:
hey this is just the Internet its not for real!!!!

Wow this is the exact same topic I started a huge battle over on another forum... I spent nearly two months working in a thread I started concerning ethics in relation to online interactions, but also touching on the super-accelerated negative societal changes that have developed within just the last century. The trend is very disturbing and very real. Anyway I gave two months of my life studying the topics, explaining my posts, and debating every single person that posted in my thread until I had created one of the most popular threads in that forum... I eventually built up an air-tight defense for my argument, that led to my final message and my leaving that forum for good. I checked the forum and my thread is gone now... that was four years ago though. I'm not about to start it again here though... it was a valuable cause and certainly an educational experience, and I did gain a good number of supporters, but it just took waaaaay too much out of me.

Arianna said:
Yep! And that's exactly the reason why I opted not to receive PM's

I never knew you could do that.

lonelyloser said:
Wow, I would have never guessed that so many people had bad experiences here. I've never gotten a negative PM from anyone. I think maybe some guys here have something against girls...

I don't get those bad PMs either... Everyone has been very nice in any PMs I've received.

Colette said:
Qui - since when does being lonely have to be a perpetual state? Mine fluctuates. Doesn't mean I'm leaving and I don't think you should either.

I was just about to reply the same thing as you near nuff

Good to see you hear Qui and I don't feel lonely 24/7. Maybe I only get that terrible feeling for just an hour a week are some time it stays with me for days but in any case you don't even have to feel lonely to be hear just as long as your getting good stuff, friends and fun out of this place.

You take care of your self and come back soon. Well all be missing you

This is ridiculous. Well Qui, sorry to see you on the Away status now. Hope you'll be back soon. Doesn't mean you're not lonely, you can't be around people who are and need friends. Qui is just one person who's been very nice and friendly, and isn't it great that at times she's happy? Same goes for everyone else around here. Everyone, I believe, has problems and issues in the real world out there. Some just don't show it.
But I guess some people aren't happy to see smiley faces around them and their miserable lives. Even on the cyber world and in this forum. *shrugs*

It sucks that people have had bad experience i wouldnt of thought there would be that much of it here i havent gotten any pm's so i guess im just unpopular, but personally i havent really had any problems with anyone on this site if anything i think all the poeple i have spoken to on here are great people, iam trying to be more active just get really lonely so feel free to pm me or start a convo in a thread with me

mink said:
This is ridiculous. Well Qui, sorry to see you on the Away status now. Hope you'll be back soon. Doesn't mean you're not lonely, you can't be around people who are and need friends. Qui is just one person who's been very nice and friendly, and isn't it great that at times she's happy? Same goes for everyone else around here. Everyone, I believe, has problems and issues in the real world out there. Some just don't show it.
But I guess some people aren't happy to see smiley faces around them and their miserable lives. Even on the cyber world and in this forum. *shrugs*
thats exactly what happen to me on the other site i was going,,i found someone that i feel in love with,,,,,it is sooo pain full too see that alote of those people on there just decided not to talk to me no more cause i wasn't lonely no more,,**wrong** my relationship with that person i met on there is not easy at all,,he lives acrost the world from me,,every time i try to get my papers done for my passport well something happens one time my papers came back,,saying that my guarantor wasn't valid:eek:,,the other time i tried well my guarantor which was my lawyer he quit cause he wasn't getting enough clients-_-, the third i decided to take my doctor as guarantor well he was gone on a moth vacation-_-,now my pics aren't good no more so i have to get more pics taken,,,plus i need to get my medical insurance card first because of the passport too cause it stats the fact that i do live where i do,,,anyway the stupid place where i went for the pics well the cam was broke,,,,

soo yeah feeling lonely for me is difficult,,we do talk everyday and i am glad that we do..at least i have that..

ooo and with all that ranting i wanna say,,if anyone of you would find happiness well id be very happy for you,,and id like to keep updated that would at lest tell me that life is not just this twisted thing that is so hard to get through sometimes

mimi38 said:
thats exactly what happen to me on the other site i was going,,i found someone that i feel in love with,,,,,it is sooo pain full too see that alote of those people on there just decided not to talk to me no more cause i wasn't lonely no more,,**wrong** my relationship with that person i met on there is not easy at all,,he lives acrost the world from me,,every time i try to get my papers done for my passport well something happens one time my papers came back,,saying that my guarantor wasn't valid:eek:,,the other time i tried well my guarantor which was my lawyer he quit cause he wasn't getting enough clients-_-, the third i decided to take my doctor as guarantor well he was gone on a moth vacation-_-,now my pics aren't good no more so i have to get more pics taken,,,plus i need to get my medical insurance card first because of the passport too cause it stats the fact that i do live where i do,,,anyway the stupid place where i went for the pics well the cam was broke,,,,

soo yeah feeling lonely for me is difficult,,we do talk everyday and i am glad that we do..at least i have that..

ooo and with all that ranting i wanna say,,if anyone of you would find happiness well id be very happy for you,,and id like to keep updated that would at lest tell me that life is not just this twisted thing that is so hard to get through sometimes
Sorry to hear about what had happened with you previously. Must've been quite difficult...thinking you've got friends somewhere out there (even in this cyber world) but then they're gone the next minute just cos they don't like other people to be happier than them. I mean I can understand that but..then again, it all depends on one's acceptability of other people and their lives.

:) Yup, sharing the happy/success stories sometimes might just motivate some people to keep going or start anew or do something at all. Who knows?

You're so right mimi. I'm not going to become a hard person just so I can chat on an internet forum. That's a ridiculous notion. I don't think I can do it anyway and I don't want to.

mimi38 said:
yes some may be able to deal with this better,,well thats just good i am very happy for them but please do not condemn the ones that are not capable of this

Almond said:
You're so right mimi. I'm not going to become a hard person just so I can chat on an internet forum. That's a ridiculous notion. I don't think I can do it anyway and I don't want to.

mimi38 said:
yes some may be able to deal with this better,,well thats just good i am very happy for them but please do not condemn the ones that are not capable of this
yes and i am like that also and i have been told over and over again that i shouldn't get attached to people on the Internet,,,,i just can not do it,,i care its just the kind of person i am and i do not wanna change either

Latest posts

Back