Intro, as suggested.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigher Tuck

Reaction score
Well, I've joined online communities of various kinds before... but in this case, where there is no niche interest justifying my motive to be here, I can't help but feel especially prejudged. I should make it clear that this is not for presuming others' presumptuousness, but rather because (on account of the community mission statement...) that my being here for a lack of proactive reasons to be elsewhere is self evident... that is to say, I feel like it's obvious that I'm here on the basis of a negative, not a positive... that this forum is a mere supplement for what I would obviously prefer, or else my sense of isolation would not warrant reaches for support.

I'm not sure if it's encouraged to make the intro autobiographical, so I'll omit any of that and simply give the present sit-rep. 22 years old, high school/college dropout (I find social dynamics exhausting, and have been largely withdrawn from peers since leaving high school in '06), unemployed, recently ejected from a relationship beginning at the end of June, 2007... a dismissal which I feel was ultimately announced far after its onset (which I lacked the clarity of perception to see), and was accomplished in a calculatedly self-serving, and thoughtlessly unfeeling way... Of course, my feeling this way in no way proves that it was this way... but it's just a feeling. I dunno, I haven't even talked to friends about the fact this happened... Only 2 people outside of my immediate family even know that any of this has happened. I dunno, I'm gonna stop giving an aimless explanation for my present condition, because to do so makes me feel like I have to go into detail about all kinds of nuance to properly frame context. I'm not going to give a synopsis of what I think others would say about me, either... I don't know what use that would serve, given my misanthropic skepticism for any such opinion expressed to me. I dunno. I like art?

Latest posts

Back