Intro before registrar

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishdoll

Reaction score
Not sure where to begin. You always hear the saying 'at the beginning', but it's not always the best starting point. I suppose I should start by saying that my life is really a mess at this point. I feel like I no longer have control over anything. I have no friends, no support system in the family (and no family I speak to except husband and child) and I only go outside when I have to (for fear of people speaking to me).
I suppose I should just lay it all out at this point, since it doesn't really matter. I mean, no matter how terrible things are, people will always say their troubles are the worst or that things will get better. It has been my unpleasant experience to know that even when they do get better, it all goes right back down the toilet again in just a few months.
I am an almost 40 year old grandmother. I am in my second marriage to a man who is 5 years my junior and has help raise all 3 children from my first marriage. All we do now is yell at each other and call each other names. All he does is drink , if he can, but apparently he is not an alcoholic. I no longer speak to my parents (whom, after 32 years of hate and divorce, have decided to remarry this year). My last and only friend of ten years had become such an alcoholic, that she did not care who she slept with. I had to end the friendship 10 years ago, it could not be repaired.
Currently, I had to leave my job due to SEVERE allergies at work. My husband quit his job, because if I wasn't working he wasn't going to either. I have no money to go anywhere to try to get food and we just ran out today. And, suprise, it's my job to figure it out. When all I want to do is hide under a rock and crawl deeper into my shell and loneliness. To wipe out people and my life. I've seen so many therapists and been on so many Anti-depressants, only to be disappointed.
There has been tons of advice handed out with no results. I have been told to just leave my husband, over and over again. Simply, short of sleeping in my vehicle with my son there is no place to go anymore (we used all of our stays at shelters in our community already).
I am so lonely and detached from everything. My only joys are my cigarettes and ice cream. If I gain back any more weight it's only going to add to my feelings of despair. I so need a major life overhaul, but have absolutely no way to get it started.
Well, thanks for the unload. I hope that was a good overview and forgive me for the bitterness, but when you've tried to make friends and be nice to people and still get burned...you tend not to care anymore to some degree. I hope everyone has a nice day and I hope to make friends here :)

Hi there Irishdoll and welcome here.

Fist off I have just moved this thread to the new members forum (The First Glance). You well be able to post anywhere on the bard now as well as your account has been activated.

You have and still are going fro a lot there. You don't come across as bitter just someone that feels a need to unload, and who could blame you with all that's happening with you just now.

To be honest I have no clue what I would advise to you. I just hope things get better for you and that someone else might be able to say something a little moor constructive then me. I think sometimes all a person can do is to acknolege a post that someone has done and in this case that's all I can do.

Irishdoll, I certainly won't say my situation is worse, I'm a just a late teenager with social problems. My family has hit rock bottom a couple of times, once when my dad was ill and his business failed, and once when my mother almost died a sickness of her own (she was the main source of income). We were lucky enough to have relatives that helped us, and I was an only child so the burden wasn't quite the same. I think my parents secretly hate eachother but they realize that their cooperation is the only thing that lets them survive. Usually one of them Held it together. Thats all I can tell you, I hope it won't get any more painful than it has.

Hi IrishDoll.......thats a hell of a story. I am a 44 year old divorcee who's also gone through the anti-depressives and psychiatrist rigmarole, none of it does any good does it?

Please feel free to PM me at any time if you wanna chat

Thank you for the chance to vent..it does good. Got a job yesterday, so it's a step forward. Thanx for the support.

I really hope it works out for u. I think leaving is the right decision.
great picture :)

Heartiest Congratulations on your new job. Couple of days ago when I was chatting with you I didn't know what you were going through. You were so bubbly, smiley, jolly.... That day I was feeling very low, we didn't really talk about my problems but still your attitude helped me lift my spirit. You seem to be a very strong lady. Hang in there. Once you touch the bottom the only way you can go is UP :) So please cheer up.

HUGS.

I never got the job:(. The lady told me to call back,, that I was her first choice. I called back, she was busy at the time and said she would call me. Three messages and a week later I have never heard back from her. Things have gotten progressively worse, altho we do have food in the house atm (if you can call it that). My husband is a progressive liar to every1, not just me. He's unaware I have a spyware program on the computer and I can monitor everything on it. Alas, I still have yet to find a good friend or meet new ppl in real life, I've just stopped going outside unless I have to. For all that it's worth, I maintain a positive attitude about it. What else can I do? I feel what any1 else would, the loneliness, the hurt, the utter isolation, but if i give up hope, what reason would there be to get up tomorrow. After knowing only this kind of pain for 32 years, you kind of start thinking that's all there is to life and it's normal for you. Well, I thank every1 for their responses. It means a great deal to have so many people care or try to help in their own good way. Good luck to you all.

Sorry to hear that Irishdoll. I really hope that things will change soon. I very well understand that you may not feel better until you see the result. Believe me everything happens for a reason, whether they are good or bad. Few years from now you will realize this. My best wishes are with you always. I'm praying for you right now.

HUGS

Irishdoll, that sucks. especially when she said you was her fist choice. keep strong and keep trying to fined another one. It only takes the one person to say yes this is the person where looking for.

Try finding jobs using websites like officeteam, hotjobs, careerbuilder, net-temps, monster, dice etc. Please visit local stores, public libraries I'm sure you will find a better job soon. Don't feel bad, I know it sucks. Just accept any safe job that you find and if you don't like it then you can always change it. And as Bluey said, it takes only one person to say yes.

2 years ago, I had to move out of my house, I had to leave my husband (I should call him my X now). I had no money, no job, no place to live. I stayed at my aunt's place for few days. (I owe her so much for letting me stay with her for a while.) I didn't even have a car. I used to try and arrange my interviews at around 11am. I used to leave 6am from home commute by buses and trains to get to that place and come back by around 6-7pm. I didn't have money to eat so I used to drink only water. It took me 2 months to find a decent job. (I managed to lose weight though ;) ) Now I live in my own apartment and somehow managed to buy a car. Life is going on, at least I'm not dependent on anyone. I hope this will help ease your pain a little bit. Again, hang in there. Things will change. Just have faith in God.

Hey Irishdoll,

Congratulations on your new job.

Irishdoll said:
There has been tons of advice handed out with no results.
Sometimes I have the feeling that people are inherently lonely on this planet, or at least I am. When faced with problems, it is up to us to figure out how to get out of them - no one else cares. This is just the kind of feeling that I get, and I may very well be wrong. The reason I am saying this is that maybe this is why all the advice hasn't worked in your favor so far - maybe it is because you are the one who knows what is best for you and can make the right decisions for you and your family.

Anyways, my heart goes out to you. I have noticed that you are looking for a pen pal - feel free to message me when you want and we can talk about the difficulties in life, and other things in general.

Hiya

I am so sorry to hear about the news regarding the job. I am certain you will find one soon and I am also certain that things will begin to turn. We spoke in length last week about things and you are wrong about one thing...you do have at least one true friend. I know I have been away for a week but I am still here. E-mailed you earlier and will await your response. By all means you can vent your frustration whenever.

Your friend is here whenever you need them.

Latest posts

Back