Intro - lonely in Philly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubermensch47

Reaction score
Hey there. I am a 32 y/o, female living in Philadelphia. I am pretty introspective young lady and enjoy one on one contact with friends, often not bars or groups. I am a student but finishing undergraduate so it's been difficult to make friends. I have always managed to have a boyfriend or close friends, but recently it seems like a bomb went off in my carefully organized social network. Everyone seems to have gotten a) married b) started dating someone c) too busy d) moved e) sick. I really struggle with loneliness to begin with, so this has been devastating. I mostly don't want to feel like I am roaming this earth alone (I only have my mom and dad, but am not close with my dad) and am a very reliable, intelligent, empathetic person who is finding a hard time seeking like companionship. I am amazed by the flakiness of people, so making new friends has been difficult too. I hope to find some sort of validation of my pain of loneliness and maybe even people to chat with/meet up with locally. Thanks for letting me on board!

Welcome to ALL (short for A Lonely Life Forums). While I don't believe this is a site where people come looking for a partner, it's possible to find a world of understanding and emotional support here. Have a look around and enjoy yourself. :)

I'm glad you're here ubermensch47! Age 30 or so can be a frontier zone, youth is mostly behind one but some really prime years are still to come.

Sadly, a lot of relationships from before can wither away, as you've noted.

But it's a good age to be....I wish I could go back to it!

I live a few hours from you. Kinda surprised it's taken you this long to realize that people are flakey though.

It's…a very human trait it seems.

Thanks constant stranger for the perspective, and HoodedMonk, yes, I used to think that the flakiness was due to something wrong with me, and not human nature! I guess I make it a value to do and say the same things, otherwise, why listen to anyone, ever? Where are you in PA?

ubermensch47 said:
Thanks constant stranger for the perspective, and HoodedMonk, yes, I used to think that the flakiness was due to something wrong with me, and not human nature! I guess I make it a value to do and say the same things, otherwise, why listen to anyone, ever? Where are you in PA?

About two hours directly west of you in PA.

Latest posts

Back