Intro

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VreRe

Reaction score
I'm 18, about to graduate, and..very bored. Lonely I guess. My problem/blessing is that I've had more opportunity than the people I'm around to travel and experience the world. Europe(briefly), Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Peru...it's not possible to come back from those places and be satisfied here. I plan on going back, maybe even permanently one day. I think I was born too late...it's one of the saddest things to me that there are no undiscovered places anymore. That's why I fell in love with Africa..untouched nature is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why space and stars and such captivate me.
As for me personally, there's really not much..brown hair/eyes, 5'10, a definite bookworm(my life's goal is to own my own bookshop), very nostalgic, love classic Disney, love seeing movies in other languages with subtitles, love music, all of it really. At the moment I'm listening to Cosmic Love by Florence and The Machine. If you haven't heard it, I suggest listening. I sing, so sooner or later I might start putting up videos...I don't know though.
The girls in books and movies always find a guy who "gets it". Winnie Foster had Jesse Tuck, Astrid Magnussen had Paul Trout, Hazel Grace got Augustus Waters, Natalie Anderson eventually figured out Keith Zetterstrom, and we all know what happened with Rose and Jack. These are all my favorite couples( Keith and Natalie are the favorite favorites), and I've always wanted something like what they have...I cant even define what they have. I don't know if it exists outside books and movies. Only one of the above couples gets anything resembling a "happily ever after"..but all of them, while they had each other..well, if I could find that, or if it found me, that might give me something that would replace the urge to be constantly on the move, to always be looking for something. It honestly wouldn't even have to be a relationship, at least not the way people define relationships now..if anyone called Jack Rose's boyfriend, I wouldn't know whether to laugh at them or cry for them. It's such a meaningless word for what these characters have. I don't want a "boyfriend". That's not why I'm here. If it were just a friend..I'd be satisfied. I just want one friend that I will never doubt, and I want to be that person for someone else.
Well, if you're actually still reading, then I'm impressed. And also sorry, I didn't plan on this intro taking so long. I didn't even know that was all there, it just..came out as I started typing. Thanks for giving me your time.

Welcome! I love classic disney movies as well! Hope you find what you are looking for here.

VreRe said:
I'm 18, about to graduate, and..very bored. Lonely I guess. My problem/blessing is that I've had more opportunity than the people I'm around to travel and experience the world. Europe(briefly), Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Peru...it's not possible to come back from those places and be satisfied here. I plan on going back, maybe even permanently one day. I think I was born too late...it's one of the saddest things to me that there are no undiscovered places anymore. That's why I fell in love with Africa..untouched nature is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why space and stars and such captivate me.
As for me personally, there's really not much..brown hair/eyes, 5'10, a definite bookworm(my life's goal is to own my own bookshop), very nostalgic, love classic Disney, love seeing movies in other languages with subtitles, love music, all of it really. At the moment I'm listening to Cosmic Love by Florence and The Machine. If you haven't heard it, I suggest listening. I sing, so sooner or later I might start putting up videos...I don't know though.
The girls in books and movies always find a guy who "gets it". Winnie Foster had Jesse Tuck, Astrid Magnussen had Paul Trout, Hazel Grace got Augustus Waters, Natalie Anderson eventually figured out Keith Zetterstrom, and we all know what happened with Rose and Jack. These are all my favorite couples( Keith and Natalie are the favorite favorites), and I've always wanted something like what they have...I cant even define what they have. I don't know if it exists outside books and movies. Only one of the above couples gets anything resembling a "happily ever after"..but all of them, while they had each other..well, if I could find that, or if it found me, that might give me something that would replace the urge to be constantly on the move, to always be looking for something. It honestly wouldn't even have to be a relationship, at least not the way people define relationships now..if anyone called Jack Rose's boyfriend, I wouldn't know whether to laugh at them or cry for them. It's such a meaningless word for what these characters have. I don't want a "boyfriend". That's not why I'm here. If it were just a friend..I'd be satisfied. I just want one friend that I will never doubt, and I want to be that person for someone else.
Well, if you're actually still reading, then I'm impressed. And also sorry, I didn't plan on this intro taking so long. I didn't even know that was all there, it just..came out as I started typing. Thanks for giving me your time.

Welcome here! I did read your intro back and forth though you pretty much
lost me in the middle. I am not really a bookworm, but I can relate to what
you said about traveling around. I've been unlucky/blessed enough to visit
a few places myself, I have been to Kenya, too. I would like to go back to
a few places and also to see more, though with Africa I found it very hard
to cope with the poverty and seeing how people are living from day to day.
I can not handle that. It makes me sad. How did you feel about visit 'third
world' countries? Anyway I hope you find here what/who you are looking
for. :)

VreRe said:
The girls in books and movies always find a guy who "gets it". [...] I cant even define what they have. [...] I just want one friend that I will never doubt, and I want to be that person for someone else.

I think it's human nature to doubt. (I had this quote in my sig, which apparently disappeared o.o) "Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect." And, these people are just the sketchings of people, minus the messy side that everybody has. They were written for each other, so that neither could ever say the wrong word or do anything that didn't seem like a part of some perfectly coordinated dance. It wouldn't matter if they were friends or in love, it's still the same way. Idk, I think something close might be possible? But only with a lot of time. And even then, when you get to know someone THAT well, you have to be able, or willing, to put aside your own worries; like, 'do they REALLY want to talk to me now, or is it just because..?"

Like I say, even if you find someone like that, you're going to doubt them at some point, or vice versa. Doesn't mean it's the breaking point of your relationship, but, you know, a well defined problem is one already half dealt with. Or something like that.

Blah blah, welcome to the site x)

Nicolelt said:
Welcome! I love classic disney movies as well! Hope you find what you are looking for here.

It's hard not to. And thank you:)

altghost said:
VreRe said:
The girls in books and movies always find a guy who "gets it". [...] I cant even define what they have. [...] I just want one friend that I will never doubt, and I want to be that person for someone else.

I think it's human nature to doubt. (I had this quote in my sig, which apparently disappeared o.o) "Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect." And, these people are just the sketchings of people, minus the messy side that everybody has. They were written for each other, so that neither could ever say the wrong word or do anything that didn't seem like a part of some perfectly coordinated dance. It wouldn't matter if they were friends or in love, it's still the same way. Idk, I think something close might be possible? But only with a lot of time. And even then, when you get to know someone THAT well, you have to be able, or willing, to put aside your own worries; like, 'do they REALLY want to talk to me now, or is it just because..?"

Like I say, even if you find someone like that, you're going to doubt them at some point, or vice versa. Doesn't mean it's the breaking point of your relationship, but, you know, a well defined problem is one already half dealt with. Or something like that.

Blah blah, welcome to the site x)

I get what you're saying. And thanks, I appreciate straightforward opinions, even if it's not exactly what I want to hear. Call me a wishful thinker I guess. And thank you:)

Welcome, I'm sort of the adventuresome type as well, I've done a little international travel - France, South Korea etc. so I feel I can relate. I also travel throughout the U.S on a regular basis an its hard to keep steady friends.
I'm also looking to meet some new people an make some new friends with similar interests. Seeing we might have a few things in common, feel free to pm me an we can exchange stories if you like. ^^

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Latest posts

Back