Introverts are smart and extroverts are dumb

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much true. Introversion is simply a more beneficial personality type when it comes to that type of achievement; of course, there are some people who also survive jumping out of airplanes without parachutes, but its against the general rule and logic.

Just to remind everyone... spending time with friends and family, with people to socialize or just to relax is NOT a waste of time. In some cases, if not most, a time out off the ''study'' mode can make a person focus better on his/her studies.

Not much new info to add, but, being obsessed with Myers-Briggs, I have read it's really the N (intuition) that is thought to signify intelligence. Introverts and extroverts can have an N. Then again, it's only one inventory.

Also, on occasion, when the smug introvert cliche is true, it might be more of a coping mechanism than anything.

I've actually known extroverts who thought I was very slow and unintelligent because I didn't think out loud like they did. They assumed because I didn't think like them, that I didn't think at all.

Both extroverts and introverts can be smart and I mean that both in a worldly and theoretical way, or either or.

As for Myers-Briggs type indicator, I'm an INTJ and have a medium intelligence. I've known extroverts that were way smarter and faster than me. Oppenheimer was an ENTJ and he was a brilliant scientist, as well as a great organizer and leader, for instance.

Latest posts

Back