Iraqnaphobia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thief105

I'm a paratrooper currently deployed to Iraq. My friends and family have long since forgotten two write. Two months into my deployment, the letters stopped, the emails quit, and the rare times I can get on messenger, they ignore or block me.

I don't know why. I guess people's lives move-on.

I've been deployed for 8 months now, and seeing the same faces day-in and day-out, with no opportunities to meet new people has taken it's toll.

I guess I belong on this forum. I am lonely.

Hi Thief,

I'm really sorry. I am sure what you are going through is possibly one of the loneliest and toughest times you will face in your life.

What do you mean that your family and friends don't write? Like, at all? Since when did the calls and letters stop?

Did you have an argument or problem with anyone? I bet you anything they are so worried and scared about you. It's hard to be there...and surely it's very hard for your family and friends to have you there. They constantly worry about you 24 hours a day. No doubt it is in the back of their minds that you will get hurt and they will get..."THAT CALL" and they are scared. You are probably less scared because you know what your days are like--they can only watch the news of the constant IEDs and worry about you! We here on this site, I think I can speak for many, would LOVE to correspond with you online or even letters if you would like that!

Hugs,

LG

Write them a letter... tell em you need them as a motivation for fighting in that war.

Errrr... easier said than done.

I know how it feels like to be alive and be like... wtf am I doin here? I know... that family and stuff affect your morale and your will to fight.

Just hang in there and hope for a better time in the future.

That better day could be...

1) Finally coming home and being reunited
2) Death. (only the dead have seen the end of war) (At least you die a hero and be a martyr and inspiration to your friends...)

Seriously I'm not sarcastic about the "death" part. Because I somewhat share the same feeling as you about feeling like having nothing to live for... (though not probably like the same way you feel in Iraq since I never been there and I'm not an American soldier. :) )

So... I'm just sticking it out and carrying on my own "fight" until the end. Hopefully things are gonna change for the better. Be it a better life in the future or an instant death for me.

I am willing to welcome either. :)

Wishin you the best

---ASKAL---

That's really horrible... I don't know what to say. Do you believe in God?
I don't know what kind of people your family must be to do that...

Thief105 said:
I'm a paratrooper currently deployed to Iraq. My friends and family have long since forgotten two write. Two months into my deployment, the letters stopped, the emails quit, and the rare times I can get on messenger, they ignore or block me.

I don't know why. I guess people's lives move-on.

I've been deployed for 8 months now, and seeing the same faces day-in and day-out, with no opportunities to meet new people has taken it's toll.

I guess I belong on this forum. I am lonely.

Paratrooper is that like british or something just asking cause I have never heard of that I was in US army so if you would like I would be happy to send you some emails and just help you keep in touch with someone I was deployed in 2003 so I know a bit more then the average person and somewhat understand what your going through.

Make sure you keep your mind sharp and keep your self safe don't let these problems take over and cause you too get sloppy and make a mistake that could effect you and your fellow soliders.

Hi Thief,

Please share more. Also, Josh! What was it like being there? Are you still in the military? I'm sorry, but this war is total bullshit in my opinion. I hate seeing our good young men die so that some rich bastards can get even richer.

lonelygirl said:
Hi Thief,

Please share more. Also, Josh! What was it like being there? Are you still in the military? I'm sorry, but this war is total bullshit in my opinion. I hate seeing our good young men die so that some rich bastards can get even richer.

Don't really know how to describe what it was like over there just think of this you are far away from home and you can pretty much be attacked and killed at any moment. Luckly you form a specail bond with guys in your unit something I really miss anymore. I am out now due to a medical discharge (going to leave it at that too)

Latest posts

Back