is here anyone happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not necessarily completely miserable all the time, but I'm kind of an empty void just existing and any semblance of so-called happiness seems quite a ways away

Frodothelost said:
post some few words about your current situation what's going on in your life *no long story say in some words*.

I was less unhappy about 15 years ago when I was not lonely.

Happiness comes from many things and I don't think someone can be happy all the time. Sometimes it makes me sad when I see people feeling they're only happy when they have achieved something like ''I am happy when___'' or ''I can't be happy if___'' or ''I am happy only after___''. I think happiness is only a mood which comes and goes, so yes I am happy sometimes and sometimes not. :)

Eh... Somethings are sucky, some aren't. I guess I don't have much to complain about....so I'm content right now. But that can change in a minute.....

fresia happiness, its just another way to bring you down after you think youre ok

I was content for 6 hours today, doing public service volunteer work with a team I know pretty well.

I was content for 3 hours last Thursday in my beekeeping class at community college.

I'll be content tomorrow at church and then later on at a matinee movie.

Contentment is as close as I get to happiness. Then I come home to the estate and care for my mood disordered 91 yr. old mother.

Life at home is an endless, thankless, monotonous series of duties.....sometimes it's unpleasant.

I'm generally more content than happy when things are going well. If I start feeling more, it makes me wonder when things will get bad again and fixating on that. So I'm generally quite pleased to be just content.

My emotions are all over the place. I am the happiest person on the planet around someone, but I'm stuck as "just friends". She's my only real life friend at the moment. I deeply want to be more than friends and I can't give up the friendship because I really want her as a friend.

my answer no. havent been happy in a long time. not sure what that feels like anymore.

I am happy, I always look to my blessings, some days its a **** sight harder to remember them when. But as most grown ups who have bills to pay, people to care for you have your ups and downs, which I do. Life cant be good all the time, but in general I am happy. As I have got older I have learnt to let a lot go, and don't tolerate toxic attitudes in my life, they contribute to my happiness.

Latest posts

Back