Is it ok to live in isolation for the rest of your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that dream of yours about being a druid in the forest with animals is actually what you are called to do.

@OP - this to a large extent is me too. It's not that deep down I WANT to isolate myself as I have done for many months now (and yes I live with my parents, had to move back in with them last year for various reasons), but it's my choice to because I just cannot handle being around people outside of my parents. I view the world through very jaded and weary eyes, more than I ever have done. As per usual, there's already some great advice given by some of the members on here. I am actually wondering when I last had the energy to try and think of a decent response or to offer perhaps even my own advice or ideas. But such is the way of depression, that I will literally sit here struggling to come up with both the energy and the insight to write anything.

I also feel like honeysuckle today and my asthma has been bad since early this morning. I just read on this part of the forum the post where there is a link to an article on how loneliness and isolation can be extremely detrimental to one's health, as well as memory and sleep and other cognitive issues. I can go along with that.

I shall end this as I usually do by saying welcome along if you are new or haven't posted before. There are some great members here and it's ALWAYS worth your time to frequent this fine site. Even at my lowest ebb, I always find at least some small comfort being amongst so many like-minded souls.

Best of luck to you

the short answer is no because is not normal for a person to be lonely, but this is the faith the some will face including me.

Personally, since I can never have a girlfriend, I am much better and happier away from people. Yes, you can live alone, but prolonged living alone and less time from society, can give you anxiety problems. You may put off going out or to the store unless you really have to. It becomes less and less. You find it is comfort spot and the more you're there, the more you're not want to leave.

When I move out, I will surely be living alone in the country, away from people. I have girl problems, when I see one, I gawk and become desperate. Weahter I gawk or not, they always judge me on the first look, becuase I'm awkward looking with no attractions. So they automatically think I'm a creep or something.

Living away is better for me, but I will go out and join societyevery few days. I'm used to it. A lot of days, I don;t feel like leaving the house, but I force myself to, becuase I know that, staying in the house too long is not healthy and is depressing. Living in isolation is fine, as long as you stay in touch with the rest of soiety. You don't have to talk to anyone or mingle, just be around people. It sucks, but even for a little bit, it keeps you sane, and not trapping yourself into your comfort spot. On the other hand, if you don't mind being alone, it is totally fine to live in isolation, as some people prefer it.

I don't like being alone, but I have no choice. The best thing can happen, is I get to have my own place, probably with a few aceras for me to roam around, spend my whole time clothesfree. I would be outside more, which is good. I would probably start my own vegtable garden, who knows. I always have plenty of ideas, that's one of my good things.

Lost Soul said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
No, we are social animals. We are meant to communicate.

Not all of us... I certainly am not.

Then you are an introvert.

Not all of us need complete social interaction, but we need some. This forum can count as social interaction.

i think it is okay to live in isolation, if you are not feeling bad about doing so. some people prefer to be their own company and there is nothing bad about it. actually i think that isolation is good for improving yourself. you can work on whatever you want and you will have more time and energy to do so. socializing too much can give you a brain damage :D and it is a waste of time. i mean i know a lot of people who spend their times with friends 24/7 and they are getting dumber everyday.

Latest posts

Back