Is It Okay??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mika90

Reaction score
Is it okay to think about suicide sometimes???
I don't think anything's mentally wrong with me but i catch myself thinking about it a lot lately but i really don't think i would actually go through with it.
I was just wounding if it is normal to think this way and if anyone else thinks about this. If it's not normal is there anyone out there with methods that can help me???​

Yeah, it's ok to think about it. There's nothing wrong with considering your own death, even if you think about doing it yourself. It only becomes a problem when you think about it all of the time...and start actually planning to DO it.

Hell, I fanatasize about my death sometimes...it's always an amazingly brutal death in which I save the world or something....lol so it's completely narcissistic and egotistical, but there's nothing wrong with that. :p

I think you're OK, mika90.

----Steve

there's nothing wrong with thinking about it. i used to think about it a lot, but now just every so often. its just your way of giving yourself hope, as contradictory as that sounds.

Badjedidude said:
Hell, I fanatasize about my death sometimes...it's always an amazingly brutal death in which I save the world or something....lol so it's completely narcissistic and egotistical, but there's nothing wrong with that. :p

LOL love that one, yeah me too :D

mika90 said:
Is it okay to think about suicide sometimes???
I don't think anything's mentally wrong with me but i catch myself thinking about it a lot lately but i really don't think i would actually go through with it.
I was just wounding if it is normal to think this way and if anyone else thinks about this. If it's not normal is there anyone out there with methods that can help me???​

it is possible that you are depressed. during the worst part of my last depression, i had a constant stream of suicidal thoughts in my mind. they were haunting and i couldn't make them stop. i actually started to fear, for the first time in my life, that i may act on them.

if you are depressed, you might need some help. depression isn't just about feeling down. it's a disease (sorry if this is the wrong term?) and help may be available...

people who haven't suffered genuine depression don't understand this.

It's okay to think about it. Just like it's okay to think about throwing somebody else off of a bridge. We all get moments when we think about doing something that we shouldn't do. Some of us (like me) sit there and daydream about it, even throwing in the aftermath... which sometimes gets a little bizarre, but that's off topic. Anyway, yes. Thinking about it is normal. Just make sure you get help if you suspect you're going to do more than think about it.

You know what's good? Talking to people here. When I have craptastic days, I get on ALL, and somebody says something that totally makes my day.

Thanks so much u guyz. Ya'lls stories and advice REALLY mean a lot to me. Now i feel like i'm NOT crazy lol. JSD I think ur right because i've be depressed a lot lately, But i'm tryin to get better though, Well anywayz thanks again.

As Nick Cave once said "I've been contemplating suicide, But it really doesn't suit my style". I know exactly what you mean because I do the same. I tend to think about death and committing suicide quite about (Although I don't fantasise and act it out like Harold in Harold and Maude. I'm not that bad!). This also goes hand in hand with my obsession with having a funeral that is exactly perfect and just the way I want it. However I know that I'll never act out on these thoughts because they're simply that - thoughts. If they are just thoughts and you're not in a deep depression where you're likely to want to go through with these thoughts then it's just fine. But when the thoughts turn serious that's when it's not okay.

Oscillate_Wildly said:
hand in hand with my obsession with having a funeral that is exactly perfect and just the way I want it

i don't want a funeral, i tell people i want my body fed to hungry tigers, so they can watch them rip me limb from limb, as a symbol of what most people did to me in life. is this dark? :)

I'd like go to out like...un-noticed and underappreciated. That's how I've lived my life mostly.

Latest posts

Back