is it possible to make friends in a small-town bar

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carebear2010

Reaction score
Is it possible like, if I go there when I'm a regular there on the weekends? I honestly don't have any friends to hang out with ont he weekends in the evening/late night hours doing fun stuff

I think you can make friends almost anywhere you go. If your pleasant and approachable.

My parents moved here (Idaho) from California and were able to meet new friends in the local bars. If that's possible, I'm sure it could work just about anywhere else, too.

Strange question.

It's never possible to make friends ANYWHERE.

Really, if you want to make a friend, you can do it no matter where you are.

I wouldn't recommend making friends in that setting. You will either encounter guys who are trying to pick up or people who are already hanging out in their own group and are not really interested in talking to strangers. You might get disappointed and end up trying to drink your sorrows away.

VanillaCreme said:
Sure. It's possible to make friends anywhere.

Samuel Lonewolf said:
I wouldn't recommend making friends in that setting. You will either encounter guys who are trying to pick up or people who are already hanging out in their own group and are not really interested in talking to strangers. You might get disappointed and end up trying to drink your sorrows away.

I guess you are both right. I hated going to the bars in my tiny, honeysuckle town back when I was like 21-23. I knew people there but I just hated it anyway. If youre a girl there WILL be old guys hitting on you, but its not that bad. I guess if you like bars, give it a shot.

I was outside of a bar...Destiny wanted to go parrrtaaaayyyyy.
Anything is possiable wirh a 23 year old. :p
I wasnt hitting on her...she was hitting on me.
Came up an introduce herself to me...I be smexy N approchable.

Yes yes and yes. I live in a small town and all the dudes that go to this certain bar are all lil friends and crap. Now the question is, do you really want to be friends with them?

some of you are saying you can meet friends anywhere, how do you manage that?
Ill talk to anybody, and Im a real smiley character, but it never goes beyond small talk and bullshit. What are you supposed to say?
I cant ask them if they want to do something, apparently thats wrong because then the other person starts acting weird, and will probably make up a bullshit story instead of saying no.
Theres nothing else, they walk away, never to be seen again, and off I go, all alone ....

banana-nah

Latest posts

Back