Is it society in general? Or is it just me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does society put down the average man in the dating scene?

• Society does.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • You only think it does.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmusician

Reaction score
Now, I don't want to make the sparks fly here with negativity, but here's a perspective on my love life.

Every time I attempt to meet a woman (most often online, because lets face it, I have hesitation problems with approaching women in real life), every conversation, every behavior that they portray is communicating back to me "I'm a woman, your a creepy man, and your looking to fresia me up the ass and leave like several others have before you."

Its always seeming to be about that to me. And ironically, I probably wouldn't dare do that, seeing as I am both a shy fetishist, along with just a politer than average (when I want to be) guy. Of course I have my quirks, but overall I've always wanted a companionship.

But realistically, I DO feel like part of the reason we have incel/love-shyness/loneliness issues that specifically focus on men is because there were several thousand guys that probably did just what was said in that quote. I know that several girls I've dated have had baggage. So in a way "men" have played the game, women have established new rules, and now anybody short of best sex appeal just gets looked down upon and passed over. I can't tell you now how few people go on myspace (the original place I'd go for "picks"), and how many women prefer to lurk on dating sites that show if you were looked at by who, and you rarely ever see a message.

Love is just a dream to me now I think. What about you?

Misandry is a perfect example of what I speak.

Hi-
Nah, society doesn't put down average men in the dating scene. Because society is made up of average men and women. If you're average, you are the norm, not the exception. I'm on the online dating scene too and most of the guys there are average. But there's nothing wrong with being average - I embrace my average-ness and dorkiness and you should too :)

Teresa

who said i didn't? I'm just saying it seems as tho women are much more eager to ignore men.

Nothing has changed. Everything ebbs and flows in societies.

Women have a lot more to lose from dating (sex) than men ever have. Pregnancy, dependency, vulnerability. So they have always had to "guard the goods" and make us pursue them. Don't think it's natural? Look at most mammals that don't have television influencing them. It's the males chasing the protesting females who at the last minute go "ooohhh-kkaaaayyy, and bend over", haha!

So, I don't think that women are warped or ruined by society.

Joseph said:

Women have a lot more to lose from dating (sex) than men ever have. Pregnancy, dependency, vulnerability. So they have always had to "guard the goods" and make us pursue them. Don't think it's natural? Look at most mammals that don't have television influencing them. It's the males chasing the protesting females who at the last minute go "ooohhh-kkaaaayyy, and bend over", haha!

perhaps but this breed of animal also sics police, employment services (through sexual harassment complaints) and whatever other jealous man is around if the "chaser" isn't her ideal.

Somehow I've survived 30+ years without ever having the police called on me or being sued for sexual harassment, for 'speaking' to a woman.

Have these things happened to you?

Joseph said:
Somehow I've survived 30+ years without ever having the police called on me or being sued for sexual harassment, for 'speaking' to a woman.

the last one has.

Jim, there are some real crazies out there. I had a girl call the police on me for ... (get this) ... trying to buy a pack of cigarettes. She said I was "attacking" her because I was lightheartedly insisting that it was indeed me on the ID. Yep. There are some nuts out there, and unfortunately when us men come across one, more often than not they default to lying about being stalked, attacked, raped, assaulted, etc. There are also crazy men out there though who do those things. So, I still think that the mental unbalance tends to swing both ways.

Tell your story.

jimmusician said:
who said i didn't? I'm just saying it seems as tho women are much more eager to ignore men.

I'm pretty sure if some of us approached you men like you approach us sometimes, you'd run the other way too.

jimmusician said:
Joseph said:

the last one has.

And dude, if people are calling the cops on you or suing you for harassment, then I'd seriously look at the way you approach people in general. That's a problem when people feel almost threatened enough by you to call the cops or to take you to court for it.

FULL EDIT: Learn not to skim read, SOL.

OK, if you're saying that almost everytime you try to approach a woman, you come off as being creepy. Maybe you might need to look into exactly what you're doing. E.G: how you open a conversation, how you word the things you say, what you talk about, how quickly you open a chat the moment you see the said girl online, etc, etc.....

Code S.O.L said:
FULL EDIT: Learn not to skim read, SOL.

OK, if you're saying that almost everytime you try to approach a woman, you come off as being creepy. Maybe you might need to look into exactly what you're doing. E.G: how you open a conversation, how you word the things you say, what you talk about, how quickly you open a chat the moment you see the said girl online, etc, etc.....

^this^ is why I think it would be helpful if the original poster told his story about sexual harassment charges being filed against him. I, for one, am very interested in hearing his story and maybe we could all learn from it. I would never doubt there are crazy women out there.

When I was sixteen I had a group of friends that I hung around with, my really good buddies. One day, one of them took me down in his basement and said "I need to ask you something". I was like "Whassup?" He said "Did you rape ____ ?" I was like "WTF! Who?" He repeated her name. I had never even heard of the girl.

Well, not to toot my own horn, but at that age I was incredibly popular for all of the wrong reasons and I had some groupies, I was a big dealer at the time. My buddy, Kevin, explained to me that this girl lived next door and claimed that ME - by name had raped her. I was in shock and I was irate. Kevin was friends with this girl and wanted to protect her. I swore to him that I didn't even know who she was.

As a way to prove my innocence, I convinced the guys to invite her over to tell me *using a fake name* about what had happened to her. She came over, was hanging out, and the guys were like "we hate that ************" (again, speaking about me). She began to tell her story TO ME about how I HAD RAPED HER. I just listened and said how I was gonna kick the guy's ass.

The jig was already up, it was obvious she didn't know who the real me was, and it was obvious that if I had raped her, she wouldn't be sitting there telling me about it without recognizing me. I extended my hand out and said "Hi. I'm ____. Nice to meet you."

She turned red, started crying, and ran from their house. That was the first time I saw her. That was the last time I saw her.

This honeysuckle isn't a joke.

When I was 20, I had a 17 year old high school girl who lived below my apartment and had a crush on me, start telling people that I got her pregnant and forced her to have an abortion. I never so much as spoke to the girl. But she had concocted entire stories about our sexual escapades.

@ the stories above,

With almost ALL MY FEMALE ACQUAINTANCES, from innocent religious girls to sorority bimbos, I have at least had ONE conversation with each of them where they were complaining about a "Stalker". Oftentimes, it's a dude with Asperger's. Every story they COMPLETELY blow it out of proportion, add nasty little details, and do it to make their egos feel huge. It's often just downright cruel and malicious. I'd say that 90% of the time, the "Stalker" character fits the EXACT description of the Omega Male I describe on the board here. That's why I think it is SO important to not even look the part, and why it makes me so sick and angry that the women who post here tell all these involuntarily single dudes that there are allegedly hordes of women out there that "they haven't met yet" who will magically forgive all their hygiene/body-language/looks/personality flaws.

Not only are most women not going to forgive your "creepy" flaws and date you, but many would be PERFECTLY happy to see you get handcuffed and thrown in the back of a police car and cited for stalking, or see you get your ass beaten to a pulp by a bunch of "hot" dudes.

If you have gotten any kind of stalking/sexual harassment accusations against you, then this is a TELLTALE sign that you need to do a complete 180 degree turn on your body language, looks, and personality. It makes me upset, because usually the dude doesn't even KNOW what the fresia he's doing wrong, and there NEEDS to be people out there to train them, but that will NEVER happen with people sugarcoating everything and trying to claim there's no problem.

SocratesX said:
@ the stories above,

With almost ALL MY FEMALE ACQUAINTANCES, from innocent religious girls to sorority bimbos, I have at least had ONE conversation with each of them where they were complaining about a "Stalker". Oftentimes, it's a dude with Asperger's. Every story they COMPLETELY blow it out of proportion, add nasty little details, and do it to make their egos feel huge. It's often just downright cruel and malicious. I'd say that 90% of the time, the "Stalker" character fits the EXACT description of the Omega Male I describe on the board here. That's why I think it is SO important to not even look the part, and why it makes me so sick and angry that the women who post here tell all these involuntarily single dudes that there are allegedly hordes of women out there that "they haven't met yet" who will magically forgive all their hygiene/body-language/looks/personality flaws.

Not only are most women not going to forgive your "creepy" flaws and date you, but many would be PERFECTLY happy to see you get handcuffed and thrown in the back of a police car and cited for stalking, or see you get your ass beaten to a pulp by a bunch of "hot" dudes.

If you have gotten any kind of stalking/sexual harassment accusations against you, then this is a TELLTALE sign that you need to do a complete 180 degree turn on your body language, looks, and personality. It makes me upset, because usually the dude doesn't even KNOW what the fresia he's doing wrong, and there NEEDS to be people out there to train them, but that will NEVER happen with people sugarcoating everything and trying to claim there's no problem.

I agree that the opposite sex can be a mystery and oftentimes beyond frustrating. However, I'm not convinced that all women are cruel, heartless, and abusive. As a man with sisters, aunts, a mother, female friends and coworkers, I know this is not true.

Joseph said:
SocratesX said:
@ the stories above,

I agree that the opposite sex can be a mystery and oftentimes beyond frustrating. However, I'm not convinced that all women are cruel, heartless, and abusive. As a man with sisters, aunts, a mother, female friends and coworkers, I know this is not true.

Well, yeah, they're not cruel when you're NOT an omega male. I never said they were cruel. They ain't cruel to me anymore. It's actually blatantly obvious how different they treat me now that I'm socially competant.

My point wasn't "women are cruel". My point was that it's dangerous to be an omega.

It is not. No one cares if you're an omega or not. Stop making everything about your ridiculous thoughts.

And you're still swearing by the term 'alpha or gtfo'. I can't be even alittle bit beta/gamma/etc, etc.

VanillaCreme said:
jimmusician said:

I'm pretty sure if some of us approached you men like you approach us sometimes, you'd run the other way too.

jimmusician said:
Joseph said:

the last one has.

And dude, if people are calling the cops on you or suing you for harassment, then I'd seriously look at the way you approach people in general. That's a problem when people feel almost threatened enough by you to call the cops or to take you to court for it.

Nah, no cops, just some guy that the girl was "hanging out" with at the time before they got into a relationship (that i probably indirectly influenced). It was ages ago, but still semi-fresh in my memory of a girl that was both too stupid and shy to think of a good way to tell me, so she got a male friend to tell me off.

In the last 3 years of so I've met a fuckload of crazies. Some were ok......until they found a reason to start hating. Others were batshit insane, found quick escapes, took them, and basically disappeared.

On the subject of the modern male's approach.....I'm not modern, I guess. I'm roman catholic (and confirmed) turned agnostic (but still feeling the catholic ethic). In other words, I'm pretty ******* nice.

Girls to me just seem to look for red flags around every corner....

Joseph said:

Its really silly that from an evolutionary stand point, that makes perfect sense, but most women my age go for the biggest ********, the ones who WILL leave them soon no matter what, and the ones who treat them like crap, and are only interested in sex.
That seems a bit odd to me.

I know people mature, I was just throwing in my two cents.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I voted society. I may be biased though.

MooseIndian said:
Its really silly that from an evolutionary stand point, that makes perfect sense, but most women my age go for the biggest ********, the ones who WILL leave them soon no matter what, and the ones who treat them like crap, and are only interested in sex.
That seems a bit odd to me.

I know people mature, I was just throwing in my two cents.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I voted society. I may be biased though.

I think it makes sense. Just get a hard body, learn how to do martial arts, and then you will be as tough as these guys. Women like them cause they are tough, more than ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back