Is love really enough?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is love really enough?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

JasonM

Reaction score
Did the Beatles have it wrong? For those of you that have felt you were in love, do you really feel it conquers all?

Personally I have to answer a resounding No. I have had two relationships in my life where I believe I honestly did love the individuals, but both crumbled because it just was not enough.

Overall, I will have to say no love is not enough. Love is only enough when you have everything else taken care of. I am pretty sure that your desire to eat overrides your desire to reproduce.

hmmmmmm. If the love is mutual.. but when it comes down to it.. it's probably not good to make one thing the center of your world. It's possible that it could lead to...unhappiness or unfulfillment. I'd like to think in a perfect world, it would be enough. There needs to be balance.

Ok to edit.. cause the love I meant above is like relationships. Love in general though? Loving people is enough and endless but it's important to love yourself too.

Okiedokes said:
hmmmmmm. If the love is mutual.. but when it comes down to it.. it's probably not good to make one thing the center of your world. It's possible that it could lead to...unhappiness or unfulfillment. I'd like to think in a perfect world, it would be enough. There needs to be balance.

Ok to edit.. cause the love I meant above is like relationships. Love in general though? Loving people is enough and endless but it's important to love yourself too.

She said it :)

I don't want to love anyone or be loved anymore. I once built my whole life on love and suddenly everything collapsed and lost everything. What's left. Bitter, hate and difficulty to trust people. That time it felt that love is enough and all I need. It gave me everything I needed but it also took everything as well.

Romantic relationships are often nothing more than a band-aid for a lonely heart, alas a lot of people are convinced they're the magical cure-all and panic when they don't meet their impossible expectations.

Maybe the meaning was not that all you need is love in your life to be happy, but that when you are happy and settled in love it gives you the basis and energy to achieve all that you want to.

So yeah to quote some Beatles rip off band....I'm a believer. You cynical lot .. :p

Joking aside I think that the message of the song is there is nothing you can really achieve that hasn't already been done and to kick back and be content with the love that you hold which is probably easy for John Lennon to say, given the fact he achieved being in the Beatles. That said I stand by my own interpretation!

I always took the song as meaning 'loving life' - we just remember the chorus though.

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)

Latest posts

Back