is there a course in intimacy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
sometimes I wonder if there are some tricks to facilitate developing intimate relationships, not physically intimate, you know, but after you talk with people at work about work, or maybe you dare to inquire a tiny bit about their family or interests, after that how do you get to go out together? what I notice, in this lonely life in a new place, is that most new people I meet want to see me once, say for lunch or dinner, and then nothing else happens. Is that just accidental, what can I do apart from waiting (and inviting them once or twice, without being sticky?).

It s funny, I am all but a teenager but I am going through the same issues of people in the first year of college.. better late than never, I guess

I've noticed that I'm afraid to inquire about peoples' personal lives because I'm unsure if I'm over-stepping boundaries or not. I've tried to pick up on things they say and carry it into generally-accepted safe territory like kids or schooling or career, but it is hard. I empathize; sorry I don't really have any advice.

Latest posts

Back