Is there anyone here who's in love or ever has been in love?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in love twice before. It was good. It was like.... feeling comfortable enough to be completely yourself with them. And the knowledge that you could say ANYTHING and it wouldn't scare them.

It was nice, but totally ripped me to shreds when it ended.

Cas,
I've been in love for almost 20 years....It feels great sometimes and other times it's been Hell. That's life, incredible moments that keep company with the nightmares. Love takes, extreme effort, hard work, patience, understanding and above all commitment. It's not a cure-all for issues nor is it a fantasy. To find it you must look and to keep it you must try.... First, above all else you must believe in it realistically..... I think realism is what gets lost in love sometimes. Some folks seek some level of perfect bliss or expect life with another person to be like some glossy add in a magazine. It's not, at least not for the long-term, but if it's found and worked at hard enough, it can bring the lovers a lot of happiness. :)

Yep... Just lost it though. It feels good and comfy and nice and safe and all. But once you lose it, it feels crap. Its as though the whole world has come to an end. My lonely days, without 'any' love were better cos it was far better not knowing what it is rather than knowing the pain of losing it.

Nina said:
Cas,
I've been in love for almost 20 years....It feels great sometimes and other times it's been Hell. That's life, incredible moments that keep company with the nightmares. Love takes, extreme effort, hard work, patience, understanding and above all commitment. It's not a cure-all for issues nor is it a fantasy. To find it you must look and to keep it you must try.... First, above all else you must believe in it realistically..... I think realism is what gets lost in love sometimes. Some folks seek some level of perfect bliss or expect life with another person to be like some glossy add in a magazine. It's not, at least not for the long-term, but if it's found and worked at hard enough, it can bring the lovers a lot of happiness. :)

I agree with Nina.

It'll be a three years this February that my boyfriend and I have been together. There has been ups and downs, but in the end it makes it worth it to know we have the ability to pull through the issues. To me, it reinforces that we're both in it for the long-haul.

Although three years isn't even comparable to twenty years, it's taken a lot of communication, understanding, honesty, hard work, patience, and forgiving on both sides to get to where we are. I think those components are all very essential in all relationships. In my opinion, all of those things are what "love" is made out of.

I was in love with her, but she didn't want to know.
It was the one and only time and if it isn't reciprocated it feels pretty awful.

It was the most fun, horrible, awkward, amazing, happy, sad thing I've ever experienced.

I look forward to experiencing it again. :)

I have been twice. Both times unrequited.

But while things were new and good and had possibilities of being requited... It was the best feeling in the world. It felt like no matter what was going on, there was someone good there to make everything better again.

Even though it all got crushed and my heart broke in a million pieces, I still long for that feeling again. And I really want to know what it feels like to be loved back for once..

^^^Ain't love if it ain't dramatic. Your future soul-mate will find SOME way of making your life more hectic! :p

Good luck! :p

To me, being in love is something that is hard to explain in words. I felt spiritually connected with the girl I was in love with. I could feel her emotions before she even said anything.

Love is so powerful...

i miss it

it's bliss, but it can fade. when it's lost it hurts, but you long for it still.

Yaaa I really love with the natural God gifted beauty of life. I love to things which is impressive like sweet. I love the persons who know the respect who make the unhappy people happy.

I've experienced falling in love, but have never actually been in love. In other words, I've experienced the insane part of it, when the chemicals in the head go haywire and you feel great and terrible at the same time. The long-lasting "real" part of it, no.

Badjedidude said:
It was the most fun, horrible, awkward, amazing, happy, sad thing I've ever experienced.

I look forward to experiencing it again. :)

That pretty much sums it up for me too. Plus it gives me feelings of being a little unwell and crazy at times.

Latest posts

Back