Is there anything you regularly watch/read/etc that cheers you up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that sounds like an enticing story, it's good that you've got something to entertain you and inspire you.

For me it's Will & Grace.

I first saw it when I was 14 and I got sick with pnumomia, so I laid on the couch all the day waiting for something good to come on and Will and Grace came on in the evening for an hour or two. And I just loved it, I waited each day while I was sick for it to come on and brighten my day. It was hilarious and heartwarming and comforting to see a gay character live a normal happy life with friends and job and relationships. I still wouldn't come out until years later and it was still hard and scary. But any time I was sick or depressed, which I was a lot I would watch it and it would make me feel better. After I got sick and discovered Will and Grace each Christmas for a few years I would get one or two of the seasons on DVD, then I would watch it over Christmas break. I've seen each episode so many times, i could probably quote them verbatem. Then a few years ago when I got really sick and was in a resident care facility after being the hospital for a month my family brought up the DVDs for me, so I had something fun to kill the time in that boring hell of a hole.

I just feel a sense of joy and comfort from that show, and still find the new recent seasons funny and entertaining.

Here's a favorite scene of mine from the second season

[youtube]emO1TtuZqFA[/youtube]
I have several box sets that I watch when I'm feeling low - it's like having friends around 😊👍

Yes, an empty cold dark silent room is my happy place. It took me some time to realize that people, music, tv, books, drawing, exercising, cleaning, reorganizing, learning new things because none of the above worked anymore, They were all just distractions. I’m basically functioning on 2 emotions, happy and angry. When not happy I go to my happy place and remain there until happiness is restored. It’s more productive for me to just deal with whatever has made me angry rather than do something that will just get my mind off of it for the moment. Once happiness is restored, either by letting go of what made me angry or making a plan to right the wrong to the reason of the anger, I can then do the things I enjoy without being hindered by something bothering me.

I have Friens on constantly sometimes, that's almost like comfort now.

Latest posts

Back