Is there such a thing as a "perfect" social life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheb123

Reaction score
I've always wondered... Can a person have it all socially... Meaning can a person have a social life... Full of great freinds yet no drama... A perfect life partner with no heart breaks or problems... Able to perfectly be themself yet never feel disconnected or lonely... Always being able to find help or opinions without being judged or berated... What do y'all think is it possible or foolish such a thing exists?
I know it sounds like a naive or childish question but idk I've always felt that maybe somewhere in some place it's possible...

Want tips to change your life? Want to make this the best year yet? Then you need to check out this FREE ebook at dreamforchange.com

I think its not possible unless it's forced somehow. I think that perfect social life you described is actually something really unnatural and i don't know how could i possibly live in such place.

I'm not sure whether or not this member is a bot with all of those profitable years of your life ads.

I think a lot of people on the outside looking in are going to glamorize these seemingly perfect sociable people and their almost perfect social lives. If you know anyone like that, try looking closer. Typically people with many friends don't have the sort of acquaintances anyone can depend on. Kind of like having hundreds of facebook friends. You can invite friends out clubbing or to house parties all the time, but it doesn't make them a close friend. If someone appears to have it all socially, it's probably just smoke and mirrors of a person who wants to be the social light.

No lol not at all a bot completely human

Hm true I did indeed ask this question because ofsomeone I've known for very long, a freind / acquaintance who on the first glance does seem to have it all but I don't "really" know him just a hi what's up.. Move along kinda freind

I don't know about the forced I've seen something like it in real life but maybe defenestrate is right Its probably smoke

perfect social life? hmm. i would say a perfect friend.

periods of time of no contact means nothing to us.
when we want to hang out we hang out.
when we cant hang out, then we cant.
never judgmental
always understand each other.
we have each others' back.
never any drama.

Well, there's no perfect social life that fits EVERYBODY.

Are you getting exactly what you want out of your social life? Are you happy with your social life? I daresay no one's social life will be perfect, but if you are content with the social life you HAVE, then isn't that perfect?

Haha now that is a kind of freind I have yet to find... I can't say I'm happy but now I'm begging to realize as I'm writing this reply is because I'm looking for perfection when it never realy exists... I think I have way to many standard for myself and others... It's hard for a perfectionist like me to accept flaws in others and especially myself... Any suggestions where I should start?

Sure it's possible, but like most people on this site, we're in the unique club. :cool:

Regumika said:
perfect social life? hmm. i would say a perfect friend.

periods of time of no contact means nothing to us.
when we want to hang out we hang out.
when we cant hang out, then we cant.
never judgmental
always understand each other.
we have each others' back.
never any drama.
This is what I would regard as a "perfect" friend too. Someone who can put you at ease even after not having seen him/her in a long time is truly a rare thing.

No, but a lot of people want to fake that they have one infront of others.

ippi said:
No, but a lot of people want to fake that they have one infront of others.
Very true.. Like that freind of mine who inspired me to write this post, he seems to have it all but in reality is just living a lie

so.. i read one time (not quoting) "to want something from someone, you must be able to give that something back."

in this case, you want a perfect friend. are you a perfect friend to someone else?

perfect friends exist, but hard to find. want proof? look at a happy adult 50+. they wont be happy unless they have a perfect friend or two. otherwise they wouldnt be happy at the age of 50.

I think it would be better to be a stupid person. Like... too stupid to be sad or whatever. Just clueless about everything; just like the cast from Jersey Shore.

ippi said:
I think it would be better to be a stupid person. Like... too stupid to be sad or whatever. Just clueless about everything; just like the cast from Jersey Shore.

I love how you mentioned Jersey Shore, LOL!

LOl @ jerey shore i only watch it cause their ignorance and stupidity give me fascination and motivation to work even harder in school....I try to be a perfect friend honestly i do but then it just becomes a " listen to my problems and help me while i dont care about you or anything related to you" scenario

soheb123 said:
I try to be a perfect friend honestly i do but then it just becomes a " listen to my problems and help me while i dont care about you or anything related to you" scenario

the fact that you care about this is proof that you arent a perfect friend. No, im not saying for you to be taken advantage of and let people steamroll you. But letting it bother you is the problem you need to address.

look.. if you finally found a friend.. you will probably have him/her listen to your problems right? right? thats what friends are for. but there is that fine line. you have to be the judge.

It exists, but as with all "perfect" things, it is fully subjective.

Also, if it's very hard to get does not mean that it doesn't exist, to say such a thing means that you are not motivated enough to get it.

Latest posts

Back