Isaac Newton's Loss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maz.moo98

Reaction score
Newton’s Loss

Posted on December 29, 2015

If you could read my story, you would flick between chapters, watching with dread the number of unread pages decrease whilst yearning desperately for the next plot twist.

That’s how I read other people’s stories anyway.

My story is, in many ways, much like the next. There are aspects to most stories that seem to be generic. For example, I have never seen, heard, read or experienced a story in which nothing good is lost.

How odd to think that even the smallest of losses both make and break you, and very rarely do just one or the other.

I moved to Birmingham when I was 14, and left some of my family and friends behind. I cried for a long time. My first significant loss; many people I saw almost every day, never again said hi after my goodbye. The reality of Newton’s third law, thrust upon me at 14.

Moving to Birmingham is one of the best decisions I have made so far. So much of who I am is because of that decision; that painful, inevitable decision to leave.

In the 17th century, Sir Isaac Newton mathematically discovered the following:

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Already, I have experienced the generic realisation that every character in every story must one day come to.

To move forward, we must leave something behind.

I think that’s what Isaac meant.

MT

More posts at https://maisietruman.wordpress.com/

Wow... That's actually really well written, I like this a lot. I'm just trying to get something.... Is it like an ad for your blog or something?

Nicholas said:
Wow... That's actually really well written, I like this a lot. I'm just trying to get something.... Is it like an ad for your blog or something?

Thank you :)
Yeah I suppose it is. I have a blog on WordPress

maz.moo98 said:
Nicholas said:

I read through it, and i really like it. It feels so real, as in i can undearstand you and what youre about from reading it. I love people that dont just whine but actually looking at the big picture and try to figure out how they ended up in that situation but while taking a look at themselfes and not afraid to criticize themselfs.

Heh... It sounds logical to me at least.

Nicholas said:
maz.moo98 said:
Nicholas said:

I read through it, and i really like it. It feels so real, as in i can undearstand you and what youre about from reading it. I love people that dont just whine but actually looking at the big picture and try to figure out how they ended up in that situation but while taking a look at themselfes and not afraid to criticize themselfs.

Heh... It sounds logical to me at least.

Thank you :D means a lot x

maz.moo98 said:
[...]

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Already, I have experienced the generic realisation that every character in every story must one day come to.

To move forward, we must leave something behind.

[...]

I think it is so!

Life is made up of events that intertwine in positive and negative ways.

If we approach a past event with fluidity we can see the facets of our behaviour: and may look back upon it with a new perspective. Thoughts and feelings ebb and flow, and change with the passage of time. In Gestalt it is known as the whole is more than the sum of its parts.

A child must leave childhood behind in order to become an adult - yet the child is always within - and the memories are always with us.

The gains and losses in life that are part of our life experiences exist alongside all of our thoughts and imagination.

We are creative beings and must allow ourselves the freedom to be so, despite life's ups and downs.

Latest posts

Back