it sucks...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just That Girl said:
and Nyquil doesn't work. =[

I was planning on taking some nyquil when I get home after work to try and help me sleep. I'm a long time sufferer of insomnia and I've been taking Nyquil lately to help me sleep. Well it helped for a few days but it seems to be failing me lately. :( I've already built up a tol. to sleep meds.

Yeah I know what you mean. A few days ago I took a relax pill, a sleep pill, and two nyquil tabs, as well as 2 tylenol.

This other sleep medicine I was on, I got up to 4 tablets and it didn't do anything anymore. You're only supposed to take 2. I quit taking them though instead of taking more.

Just That Girl said:
me too.
totally sucks. i end up cocktailing a bunch of stuff, which is not good.

Hi girl...

It's going to be a roller coaster ride for a little while.
Sometimes they come in waves.
Please give yourself a break....
Be loving and gentle to yourself though this.

Somtimes you can't fight it..becuase it won't go away.
It's okay for you to cry..if you need a good cry then allow yourself
to do so. Please try not to run away from your emotions.
Sometimes I found myself just embracing it and it's okay.

Nope..I ran away from grieving before...
Ultimately I had face it and walk through it...even years later.

That's why I didn't run this time..no matter how painful it was.
The sooner I process it..the sooner I can move beyound it.

Sometimes I just go for a midnight walk...not sure if it's safe for you.
Other times I'll just write of whatever it is that's on my mind
or how I feel about.

Sometimes I just put on soft piano music or new age music.

Other times I just go take a swim or take a shower..

Just keep reaching out.

Just That Girl said:
when you can't sleep...

Find something incredibly boring on tv and watch it for awhile. That sometimes helps me to fall asleep.

It helps if you find tv boring to begin with.

You could try reading...I dunno what it is but staring at text for an hour or so makes me tired...just don't play video games. Cause it's a proven fact that once you're the most tired, you will find the area of the next boss.

I've tried reading. I'll sleep for 2 hours tops, wake up and then not be able to go back to sleep.
it totally sucks.

I once took some nighttime Zicam (in syrup form) during the day by accident. There are portions of that day I didn't remember by the end of it. That stuff knocked me out! That being said, I don't think it's a very good idea to take cold remedies to try and help you sleep.

Unless you have a cold, of course.

mmm... pills would probably work for me..the only problem is...
I'd take all of them and never get up again..

I used to stay up for 2-3 days at a time....
Luckily I wasn't working at that time. I was asked to come back to work
or work from my home..I couldn't consentrate nor focus to begin with anyway.

I also had to accept what I was going through wasn't my regular routine.
I stopped blaming myself for not being able to sleep...eventaully my body
or mind got tired within 2-3 days then I just slept.

I also had to be aware of my eating...I stopped eating or lost my appitite for a little while.
I lost probably 10lb.

The waves got fewer and futher apart. It's different for everyone.
I couldn't get her out of my mind for 3 months.
I awaken with the images of her face everyday.

I can mention her name today without having a total break down. Progress or healing.

Whatever it was I had to face or process..I told myself i would never beat up on myself or judge myself
for any of it.

There were several people that had experinces lost of people in their lives.
I sponsor was on of them..He talk to me about whatever he was feeling about the matter.
Sometime he would break down and cry...it was okay.
He talked to me about it more than just several occasions...it was okay.

I can imagine that sucking. I'm glad that's not a problem for me because next to music, that's probably my best escape. I just had a decent nap (long day at work), and I woke up feeling bitter. I played some Blazblue and lost to some of the stupidest stuff, and really wanted to kick the wall a few times. I didn't kick the wall, but I threw a few kicks out at the air and shouted foul launguage. I'm really just feeling crappy right now and can't go back to sleep to put me out my misery again.

Try running or exercising before you sleep. Hot bath? I get reallly sleepy after that.

I cant listen to music when sleeping becuase I'd stay awake to sing along or listen to the lyrics.

I find that the best cure for insomnia, is watching a Dvd - but I always make sure that it's something I've seen before so I don't miss out when I eventually doze off.:)

Just That Girl said:
when you can't sleep...

=[

Getting a good meditation routine established helps me with my insomnia.

I've found that one of the most effective mediations for me is one based on breathing and counting breaths in groups of fours. With each group of four breaths, I imagine stress rippling off of me like waves. The next group of four breaths I take a little bit slower. Keep doing that, and it should help.

Usually when I can't sleep physical tension and not being able to shut my brain off are the culprits.

Good luck. I know how crappy it is not being able to sleep.

Latest posts

Back