It time for me to leave

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is Hex, there's only so much a community like this can do for people. This community will very gladly and geniunely try to support anyone who comes here looking for help in times of trouble. I'm positive there are hundreds of people who will say that this has happened to them, myself included. What it can't do is help someone who doesn't want help.

There has to be some give from the other person or some recognition that they have to try to help themselves. If that person doesn't want to do that, but just treats the site as a place to vent their negative (and at times very aubsive) emotions all the time, then it ceases to be a place of support. People trying to give that help start to feel frustrated as it's just thrown back in their face. Can you really blame people for getting tired of talking to a brick wall? I don't think you can, and I also don't think people should have to apologise for that.

Esteen and LonelyDragon both made very good posts I think. Chris I hope that you're able to go out there and get the help you need. People aren't being nasty towards you; they're just frustrated. They want to help you but they can't because it seems as though you don't want to listen. It's up to you now to get the help you need to come through this phase in your life. I don't think there's a person here who doesn't want that to happen. Best of luck.

Chris 2 said:
I also didn't realize that there were so many hard headed snob nose punk girls on here.

Chris

hahahahaha i take that as being a reference to me. We'll i'd rather be me than you any day Chris. You're just unwilling to listen or take on board anything that anyone says to try and help you.

I haven't been here long, but I do know that when somethings wrong - sometimes you have to look within yourself. You have to be honest and come to the realization that maybe you're part of the problem. I agree that sometimes people don't want to be fixed and just need someone to listen, but if that's the case you have to be happy with the results, because where ever you go - there you are. Basically the environment may change, but not the problem. Since I'm new here, I haven't experienced the things that some of the other members have commented on and maybe I will the longer I stay. But I do think that many in here genuinely try to help others, because I have been on the receiving end and have been grateful for the support. I think you will be back, for that very fact. Every thread I post in is like therapy for me and at times I go back over my comments and it helps me to learn that much more about myself. If you haven't, I think you should try doing that Chris, because maybe you may see something you haven't or didn't want too and learn something about yourself that may help you in your journey.

Good luck!

I thought I made another post here, but I guess not.

I decided to respond to others saying that Chris doesn't listen and point out that it's a two way street.

It disturbs me just as much when people focus too much on being positive as it does when people are too negative. When really people need to work on accepting. It makes little sense to react to negativity as if it is somehow dangerous. I think it is important to recognize that sometimes when others seem to not be listening, it can be the speaker who is also not listening. Then reacting with anger when things don’t go the way they want and using the excuse that someone else started it. This really doesn’t get anywhere and can snowball. It seems to me as if there is a good deal more “anger” on this board, then before I left. While useful at times, anger has a tendency to do only one thing. Cause damage. Peoples reaction to anger is usually that they shut off their ears, brains, and lash out. However, when you do this, do not expect to get away with it. Expect to be injured in return and that you fully deserve it. When you hurt others, they have a right to defend themselves. But also realize many times it does little good in the long run.

Why do people so strongly expect to get their way? When everyone has this expectation, then no one wins.

As I recall, Chris has left and taken breaks before.

Others behavior does not excuse or justify your own.

Latest posts

Back