It took 5 hours before calling 000 (911)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloNewman

Reaction score
5 months ago I slipped. Instinctively my arm went to a wall for support, but the speed of the fall locked my arm as my body fell down. The result was later found as a serious shoulder dislocation - severing muscles, tendons and nerves. Took me 15 minutes (pain caused it) to get back into bed.

I realised I was in trouble as there was no one I knew who could assist in the prepping for ambulance and hospital and secure my home. It took me 5 hours to work out things. Seems strange but that is what it was.

Eventually, I could only put on a dressing gown and was so lucky I already had underpants on. That's what I had on when the paramedics arrived. My arm will take another 7 months till all repairs show.

I never thought of or planned for this crisis. All was good when I had family at home and parents able to drive. Covid has a lot to do in my isolation.

A good thing is that after 4 nights in hospital I can now visit my Alzheimers Mother daily.

Last edited:
Wow, thats awful!!! Hope it wasn't too painful to pop back into place.

Wow, thats awful!!! Hope it wasn't too painful to pop back into place.
Thanks for the comment. Funny enough, two orthopedic surgeons did a bit of manipulation and one just pushed it back in. My pain halved in 10 seconds. You've got to love medical people.

My husband fell on his shoulder in August 2020 and decided to leave it over night. A doctor in training came the next day and thought it was dislocated but didn't want to pop it back as we'd waited so long. Good that she didn't as an x-ray showed it was broken, not dislocated. Eventually it healed without surgery but he can no longer use his crutches to walk which is a hassle (he has other disabilities). Just one moment of carelessness and everything is upside down again 😔

Really everyone should have an overnight bag ready for emergencies or at least have a good plan to throw one together quickly.

Or, just train your pet to press the panic button

iu

Latest posts

Back