It's only intelligent people who find it hard to integrate into society.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAS said:
Stupid bastards, retards and inbred types with teeth coming out of their noses all seem to have partners.

Literate, well read types such as myself are either in the fortunate position of having the opposite sex falling at their feet, or completely inadequate in that area.

Make of that what you will.

Seriously? I think this post is really offensive.

I also think you just see what you want to see...

Wow . . is all I can say.

Edit: oh and this.
picard-facepalm.jpg

I think people are getting easily offended by something that doesn't pertain to them. If you're not a idiot, then no one's talking about you :p

You can't help but make a few generalizations in life when life has been giving you the shitty end of the stick.

Guys prefer pretty girls = generalization, but a lot of us have found it to be true.

Girls prefer jerks
= same as above

Idiots get along better in life = ditto

Nothing is ever true for every single person on the planet, but does that mean someone can't make a observation about something they've seen happen again and again? Is this forum not for ranting and letting one's feelings out? Must every comment be judged so strictly and harshly even if it's not really directed at anyone in particular?

Not when he slaps labels on everyone. You must have not seen his women hating threads.

I have. It was bad. But it was also the past. I've said mean things about people in the past and I would hate for that to follow me for the rest of my life and have everything else i say be likened to something I said in the past.

But I guess sometimes we set patterns for ourselves and it takes a while for others to realize or trust those patterns are broken.

Even so, I just don't see how spewing judgment helps someone who feels bitter about certain aspects of life, overcome that bitterness. Being judged just makes you feel even more embittered. I know it does for me.

I shall agree with tehdreamer and Sean.

I know intelligent people who have seemingly no social problems. As well as those not-so-intelligent having serious problems integrating into society.
So no, that's really not the case. Must be something else.

I've been observing many of your posts now and some of the things you say just astound me. You really need to stop being so cynical about everything. hell it's no wonder people don't really want to get to know you, you're always so negative. I'm not trying to post this as an "attack" but you really should consider lightening up A LOT.

now to address your post... Intelligence doesn't have a whole lot to do with attraction. If anything you should know that attraction is completely subconscious. If you ever want to find a partner then i suggest you drop the negative attitude right away. girls aren't attracted to repugnant blobs of insecurity.

By the way.. have you tried meeting any of these "stupid bastards" you speak of? maybe they are really nice/funny people, but you're too judgmental to find out. Oh but i guess because their IQ doesn't quite fit your standards, they aren't deserving of such partnerships. Everyone is intelligent in their own way and just because they aren't book smart, doesn't mean they're "stupid bastards". for example, i know this girl that has a reading level of a third grader, but god **** she is good at art. Her drawings and paintings amaze me! And that to me, is attractive in itself.

You need to open your eyes more and stop looking at only the surface of things. Dig deeper beyond that surface and you may like what you find.... Oh and one more thing. STOP PLACING LABELS ON PEOPLE. these oversimplified generalizations are only hurting you.

A Desolate Soul said:
By the way.. have you tried meeting any of these "stupid bastards" you speak of? maybe they are really nice/funny people, but you're too judgmental to find out.

Of course you are right but i am sure that "stupid bastards, retards and inbred types" in this case is just judgmental labeling that has no reality in the targets actual intelligence, parental relationships, developmental disabilities or genetic history. More than being an oversimplification i would doubt the entire accuracy of the name calling labels used here.

Desolate, you are absolutely right. But you're talking to a very shallow person. Doesn't help he's so bitter on top of it. Placing labels on people is how he feels comfortable trying to explain why things are the way they are in his mind.

I know a guy; Dropped out of school because it was boring, refuses to get a job because it's too much work, steals money from his mother to "get by"... Wouldn't we all agree this person is a idiot and a jerk? Yet, he has a buttload of friends and has a new girlfriend every week.

I'm not scholar or PH.D. but I'm averagely intelligent; went to college, constantly struggling to get a job, and I spend all my free time helping out my mom and giving her what little money I have. Yet, here I am, on a site for lonely people. No friends, no relationship.

Things like this is why I have to agree with CAS's original post. And I have plenty more examples if they need to be said. Despite your prejudices against him by things he's said in the past, and your disapproval of the names or labels being placed on stupid people, this post has a ring of truth to it.

Yea, but there is no ring of truth to it. Just because it's happening to you, doesn't make it true for everyone. Which is what CAS doesn't understand. I know a few people who are intelligent and well-mannered who have someone. So it can't be true. Dreamer, it sounds like you're slightly bitter about it like CAS is.

2 of my housemates have boyfriends, and they're beautiful, intellegent undergraduate students.

I'm........ pretty thick. And................... yeah.

I don't think it's good to shove people into groups.

VanillaCreme said:
Yea, but there is no ring of truth to it. Just because it's happening to you, doesn't make it true for everyone. Which is what CAS doesn't understand. I know a few people who are intelligent and well-mannered who have someone. So it can't be true. Dreamer, it sounds like you're slightly bitter about it like CAS is.

In all honesty, who doesn't get a little bitter when things in life are blatantly unfair and staring you right in the face? I dare you to find one person on this earth is who isn't in the present or has never been in the past, bitter about someone getting something they didn't deserve.

I see a great deal of posts around here about the unfairness in life. I think people have the right to be bitter about being kicked in the face about life. Or is every post supposed to be rainbows and sunshine with unicorns and pansies?

As I've stated before, we all make generalizations from time to time. But I'll let this go because, obviously, logic has no bearing here.

So idiots and jerks are added to "stupid bastards, retards and inbred types" who should be alone? Well at least a designation of "jerk" is based on their own actions so i can agree with that one.

I can't see how being bitter helps at all. Sure it might make you feel better, but does it make anything else change?

I never said being bitter was a good thing. But you don't fight bitterness with judgment. But I think I said that already.

And I guess we're not allowed to call anyone stupid unless they take a IQ test and personality test before hand.

tehdreamer said:
And I guess we're not allowed to call anyone stupid unless they take a IQ test and personality test before hand.

I am sure you can insult whoever you want to for whatever reasons make you happy.

Minus said:
tehdreamer said:

I am sure you can insult whoever you want to for whatever reasons make you happy.

Really? Awesome!

Politicians are liars. The government is corrupt. Bill collectors work for the devil. Drunk drivers kill thousands of people every year. Doctors who treat their patients like dollar signs instead of human beings suck. What the world needs now is love, sweet love; it's the only thing that there's just too little of.

Now politicians, the government, bill collectors, drunk drivers, bad doctors, and the world will be angry at my generalizations and peg me as bitter. Pity.

Also, monday's suck.

This was some kind of tantrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back