Jim's intro.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmusician

Reaction score
My name's Jim, as you can probably tell from my screenname I am indeed a musician. I've played bass and sax for 12 years, and I'm learning acoustic guitar.

I am 26 years old.

So, this forum is about loneliness, so I'll get to the crux of the matter.

I've been in the same situation regarding friends and relationships since I was about 14. That was probably the first time when I most noticed that I could become and stay lonely. I have shyness issues to top things off, still haven't figured out a way to "get rid of the baggage" from my earlier years.

Relationships? Sure, had two. Both with damaged women that gave me a couple months before they could find an excuse to get rid of me.

Today people just basically piss me off. The shallow caricatures of caricatures that were taken of useless people that most people look and act like bore me to no end. Especially when they try and pull off this "holier than thou" bullshit. Nobody sees an end to their problems, nobody believes that just maybe life isn't the positivity driven pisser that every radio popstar tries to post across our youth's walls.

Oh, and I play in a classic rock cover band. With a bunch of married 50 year old manginas that have no personality. 11 piece, to be exact.

Other than that, life is go to work, come back home, get dinner, run off to some night class or something that really doesn't yield friends, and pull the pud alone while trying to think about how life could get better.

Sorry if I sound negative, not my night tonight.

hey jimmusician welcome tot he forum

you sound like a pretty cool guy, I've been playing the guitar for a few years now it's pretty fun, what songs do you guys cover? I've always wanted to be a band but never meet anyone else with interest in being in a band :(

I know what you mean about other people pissing you off, there are a lot of jackasses out there,

like oh there are people around me studying and trying to get work done, I'm going to be a complete dick and start yelliing loudly and jumping over chairs

it's happened before, ******* jackasses, I'm really disapointed as to how those types of people get accepted into unis in the first place ( the uni just wants money so they'll accept as many freshmen ass possible becuase it means more tution money, it doesn't matter that the busses cafiteri'a and whole campous is already overcroweded) sorry i just needed to rant about that, I was seriously studying in the lounge and some **** guy comes in and starts yelling and jumping over chairs and honeysuckle, jackass

ok
sorry so point, yes the world is full of god **** jack asses, but there are also nice kind quiet and curitous people, trust me, they're just harder to find becuase they are not being loud dicks.

I use to be really shy, and had low self esteem i just thought people wouldn't want to talk to me, but I kinda followed the whole fake till you make it motto, and during my freshman tear at uni, i just started going up and talking to people, I even made a few friends that is nice :)

i donno i guess try talking to random people like at clubs or music stores to meet people with similar interests

try meetup.com

maybe they have a muscial group in your area or something

good luck

*hugs*

:)

Welcome Jim. Hopefully tonight looks a little better to you.

Hi, Jim. You play the sax, that is so cool. Sax-a-ma-phone (sorry homer simpson moment there). I used to play guitar when I was a kid, but gave it up when I went to high school, lost interest in it. At least you get out and do something, my days seem a lot like yours, except after I cook dinner I sit and watch TV, go on the internet and play DC Universe Online. So kudo's for you getting out of the house, even if it doesn't have the results you are looking for.

Sci-Fi said:
Hi, Jim. You play the sax, that is so cool. Sax-a-ma-phone (sorry homer simpson moment there). I used to play guitar when I was a kid, but gave it up when I went to high school, lost interest in it. At least you get out and do something, my days seem a lot like yours, except after I cook dinner I sit and watch TV, go on the internet and play DC Universe Online. So kudo's for you getting out of the house, even if it doesn't have the results you are looking for.
yea lol, well i just find the longer you stay in the more detached you can get from people.

Latest posts

Back