Jobs That You Think Should Pay Better

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I suppose most are, but I was thinking in terms of showing appreciation (As payment) more, some women do a **** good job and it needs to be recognised damnnit!

perfanoff said:
Nobody who makes more than $1-2 should be posting in this thread ever.

And now I've got Americans writing to me about their jobs not paying enough.

Get a **** clue before writing honeysuckle like that. You won a golden lottery ticket at birth and you're complaining about it. Good style.

Well this is going to take some explanation isn't it?

Is this going to be the modern day version of my dad saying he could go for a night on the beer with £10, and have enough left for chips and the bus home?

Is there going to be some convenient forgetting about the cost of living? If you was to cut my wages to one third what it is then I'd be walking to work, would you like to be walking 25-150 miles a day? Because I should be thankful I have a job like that :/

Truth is everyone gets paid what they're worth, economic factors (and egodriven bosses) adjusting.

And you're going to tell me that your $1 an hour will only buy you a bean?

9006 said:
Blowjobs.

Haha.

9006 said:
Well I suppose most are, but I was thinking in terms of showing appreciation (As payment) more, some women do a **** good job and it needs to be recognised damnnit!

Maybe some of them would rather be recognised in a more caring / loving way. :D

perfanoff said:

Get a **** clue before writing honeysuckle like that. You won a golden lottery ticket at birth and you're complaining about it. Good style.

Oh, the absolute poverty argument. Let me count the ways in which thou dost fail...

perfanoff said:

Hmmm, mayhaps you'll have enough stones to share with us which country you're from. Any chance it's one of those ones that my government decides to send a big chunk of my tax dollars to in the guise of "aide"? I further love how people who come from countries/civilizations that have a history going back 1000's of years 1). make snide comments about "the golden lottery ticket" of a country who's history is much more recent. It doesn't just happen for them, most earn their way, 2). always have their hands out demanding more from the "have" countries, and 3). seem really eager to ditch their homeland, come here, and expect to be taken care of once you're here.

BTW, I'm not American but I'm getting really dam tired of seeing my neighbours get honeysuckle on simply because they're striving for a better life. Pity that so many chose to judge by sensationalism and propaganda.

Like you said "Get a **** clue before writing honeysuckle like that."

perfanoff said:

Oh dear.

And here it begins...

Second the farming.

Uhhhh, let's see, someone works several hours a day to make sure you have food to eat, and ends up operating at a loss. Processing plant makes more for turning food into crap for better "shelf life." Office people make loads more for sitting around and crunching numbers, or throwing out ideas. Could we fire the CEO and still have a working society? Probably so. If the farmers ever went on strike, well, short of importing everything, we'd be stuck.

As for teachers, **** 'em. They always whine about how they aren't being paid enough. Let's face it, "molding young minds" is a dime a dozen skill (this from a teacher's son). Not to say it has no worth, what they do, but the students generally aren't learning any of the real lessons (history students aren't learning how to improve the present based on the lessons of the past, and business students aren't learning to treat customers the right way). So teaching people is a waste of time.

What I do think however, is this crap about teachers being a "moral example" and punishing people who become callgirls to make up the difference is garbage. Teaching pays enough, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, it's pretty poor form to pull morality into it when the occupation in question is among the lowest paying professional careers.

bulmabriefs144 said:
As for teachers, **** 'em. They always whine about how they aren't being paid enough. Let's face it, "molding young minds" is a dime a dozen skill (this from a teacher's son). Not to say it has no worth, what they do, but the students generally aren't learning any of the real lessons (history students aren't learning how to improve the present based on the lessons of the past, and business students aren't learning to treat customers the right way). So teaching people is a waste of time.

This is one of the ******* dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

Teaching is not a dime-a-dozen skill. In fact, one of the reasons that the U.S. education system is in trouble is because there's a lack of teachers who utilize modern, effective pedagogical skills. BAD teaching is a dime-a-dozen skill. Obviously you don't actually understand the profession.

By the way, I'm a teacher.

Please bulmabriefs, please come teach the college students and then the 4 - 12 year olds i have dealt with for the last few years. Tell me that teaching is a "dime-a-dozen" skill. We work too hard, give too much of our time, worry/care/mentor too many of our students to have someone who simply claims, by being a teacher's son, that a teaching job should be less valued. You OBVIOUSLY have never had to care for another person (besides yourself) who is still learning the ways of this world.

It's pretty scary to imagine what might have been if I had worse teachers..I challenge anyone to say they would be in a better position today if they had shittier teachers.

Thanks for reminding me of my debt to the good teacher's I've been lucky enough to come across.

bulmabriefs144 said:

This is a strong statement. I wouldn't exactly say learning is molding young minds, as that would imply changing information already present. And there's a difference between effective an ineffective teaching.

It's pretty stupid to say that learning history doesn't effect the future, I'm not even going to explain this, it's pretty clear that if you don't already understand that, you probably never will, after all, teaching people is a waste of time, right?

bulmabriefs144 said:
Second the farming.

Uhhhh, let's see, someone works several hours a day to make sure you have food to eat, and ends up operating at a loss. Processing plant makes more for turning food into crap for better "shelf life." Office people make loads more for sitting around and crunching numbers, or throwing out ideas. Could we fire the CEO and still have a working society? Probably so. If the farmers ever went on strike, well, short of importing everything, we'd be stuck.

What I do think however, is this crap about teachers being a "moral example" and punishing people who become callgirls to make up the difference is garbage. Teaching pays enough, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, it's pretty poor form to pull morality into it when the occupation in question is among the lowest paying professional careers.

The fact that you're even reading and writing on this forum shows that you need to do one thing first and foremost...thank a teacher for teaching you this.

Teaching is certainly not a "dime-a-dozen" kind of occupation. You made it blatantly clear you have zero understanding of what a good teacher does on a daily basis and accomplishes in children's lives.

And "teaching people is a waste of time"...that really baffles me. Next time you go into surgery, maybe you'll get a doctor that said "Forget teachers, I'm just going to do this by trial and error until I get it correct." Possibly they won't even be able to read your chart well, seeing as they developed this attitude from parents who instilled this in them, and they basically had a proverbial chip on their shoulder since birth.

Hey. I think we should all go easy on perfanoff. He's a pretty decent guy, so try to be reasonable with him. If you don't agree with him there's a much better way to express yourselves. There's also some truth in what he says. I used to watch video blogs on youtube from Brian Baxter where he'd mention gratitude. We (people who reside in first world countries) should feel grateful for living where we do. Our birth isn't a decision we can actively choose for ourselves. Although Brian spends each day just waiting to die in isolation, he's grateful because he'll be homeless in a heartbeat if he was born in another country with a debilitating mental illness like agoraphobia. In other words, as harsh as things might be, there's still an entire positive aspect of the situation out there. So people do feel irritated when they hear complaints from those who are employed. I can name three teachers who are unemployed right now. One of them works in a bank and was forced to give up his career path because of the bleak economy. So I can't blame other people for feeling bitter over the situation. Yes, they would be bitter to read the complaints here. It doesn't make any of the hardships you endure any less painful or somehow unworthy. But they'll still feel upset. I also don't think anyone here can feel happy about cheap human labor and the conditions they work in. I know I can't.

As for you bulmabriefs-
There's a lot I can say to you right now. I'm actually interested in learning about you and your beliefs. But not if they're bigoted the way they are. Could you please express yourself better without degrading other people? Otherwise I'm just not interested in what you have to say. If only for my own sake and well-being. I'm already upset by some other comments, and there's no reason for me to offend other people by becoming angry.

defenestrate said:
Hey. I think we should all go easy on perfanoff. He's a pretty decent guy, so try to be reasonable with him. If you don't agree with him there's a much better way to express yourselves.

We are expressing ourselves in a good way. I haven't seen any bitter, personal attacks in anyone's replies against him. Mine came closest to that, I think, but the majority of responses have been quite decent.

defenestrate said:
Hey. I think we should all go easy on perfanoff. He's a pretty decent guy, so try to be reasonable with him. If you don't agree with him there's a much better way to express yourselves. There's also some truth in what he says. I used to watch video blogs on youtube from Brian Baxter where he'd mention gratitude. We (people who reside in first world countries) should feel grateful for living where we do. Our birth isn't a decision we can actively choose for ourselves. Although Brian spends each day just waiting to die in isolation, he's grateful because he'll be homeless in a heartbeat if he was born in another country with a debilitating mental illness like agoraphobia. In other words, as harsh as things might be, there's still an entire positive aspect of the situation out there. So people do feel irritated when they hear complaints from those who are employed. I can name three teachers who are unemployed right now. One of them works in a bank and was forced to give up his career path because of the bleak economy. So I can't blame other people for feeling bitter over the situation. Yes, they would be bitter to read the complaints here. It doesn't make any of the hardships you endure any less painful or somehow unworthy. But they'll still feel upset. I also don't think anyone here can feel happy about cheap human labor and the conditions they work in. I know I can't.

As for you bulmabriefs-
There's a lot I can say to you right now. I'm actually interested in learning about you and your beliefs. But not if they're bigoted the way they are. Could you please express yourself better without degrading other people? Otherwise I'm just not interested in what you have to say. If only for my own sake and well-being. I'm already upset by some other comments, and there's no reason for me to offend other people by becoming angry.
A little critical. No?

Ekstra said:
It's pretty scary to imagine what might have been if I had worse teachers..I challenge anyone to say they would be in a better position today if they had shittier teachers.

Thanks for reminding me of my debt to the good teacher's I've been lucky enough to come across.

Hey, I like your signature. Is this from Blade Runner?

jzinsky said:
perfanoff said:

Well this is going to take some explanation isn't it?

Is this going to be the modern day version of my dad saying he could go for a night on the beer with £10, and have enough left for chips and the bus home?

Is there going to be some convenient forgetting about the cost of living? If you was to cut my wages to one third what it is then I'd be walking to work, would you like to be walking 25-150 miles a day? Because I should be thankful I have a job like that :/

Truth is everyone gets paid what they're worth, economic factors (and egodriven bosses) adjusting.

And you're going to tell me that your $1 an hour will only buy you a bean?

There's a certain joke: "If the mountain doesn't go to Mohamed, Mohamed will go to the mountain" enough said.

Mr jzinsky, look up what GDP (PPP) is and the number themselves. They say that western Europeans/Americans can actually afford 4 times more than the world's average person. They make more than 4 times the average salary.

You talk to me about the ******* cost of living, I pay 30% more than you for electronics and more for utilities per kWh. Prices of food are comparable. The cost of living here is less because people have to cut down more, not because it is cheaper.

BULLSHIT that people are paid what they are worth. We are almost left with no people in this country because a person that goes west can instantaneously quadruple his wage, and still be competitive in the job market so he can actually get a job.

Dissident said:
perfanoff said:

Oh, the absolute poverty argument. Let me count the ways in which thou dost fail...

Wow, we have a wise-ass here.

WildernessWildChild said:
perfanoff said:

Hmmm, mayhaps you'll have enough stones to share with us which country you're from. Any chance it's one of those ones that my government decides to send a big chunk of my tax dollars to in the guise of "aide"? I further love how people who come from countries/civilizations that have a history going back 1000's of years 1). make snide comments about "the golden lottery ticket" of a country who's history is much more recent. It doesn't just happen for them, most earn their way, 2). always have their hands out demanding more from the "have" countries, and 3). seem really eager to ditch their homeland, come here, and expect to be taken care of once you're here.

BTW, I'm not American but I'm getting really dam tired of seeing my neighbours get honeysuckle on simply because they're striving for a better life. Pity that so many chose to judge by sensationalism and propaganda.

Like you said "Get a **** clue before writing honeysuckle like that."

1) it's not about the country being golden, it's about YOU being born there.
2) let me make this clear fresia you and stick this aid where the sun doesn't shine.
3) Yeah I got taken care of alright. I wasn't one of these green card welfare abusers, I didn't have any welfare to speak of anyhow. Do not worry, my stay in America has only poured tax dollars into your economies. Do not EVER again imply I'm a moocher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back