John Gray was right.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
Why am I so out of touch with the opposite sex? Why are they so ignorant towards everything I am about? Why do I have so much trouble communicating with them? Why does it have to be 'us and them'?

Because it would be too simple. Too easy to fall in love. Too easy to be happy. It is like a natural censorship on happiness and fulfillment. You can't be happy, you have to prove yourself first. But that is life I suppose.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Dating is never easy regardless of gender.

I started a similar thread here in the loneliness section to talk about similar stuff (probably the same stuff) before it was rudely hijacked and closed. It probably triggered a few members here so I can understand why that happened.

I'm a guy (your profile tells me that you are too) and I feel this way about girls. I mean, I'm a really simple person and I've lived a "different" life than others. It's just... I don't know. Seems like I live in a world that I don't understand the ABCs of and the thing is, I don't even know if I even have the strength left to learn.

The way things work is totally different from what I can do, it seems.

Most young people, men and women, rely on shallow interests. It's really hard to socialize with the opposite sex.

It gets better when you're older.

Why does it have to be 'us and them'?
it doesn't!
the problem begins within ourselves. it's all in your frame of mind.
if you feel that way, then you will see it that way.
personally, I tend to get along with females a lot and don't seem to have problems making friends of the opposite sex. and while I was single, I didn't see them as a different species.. I was looking for my soul mate, and therefore someone that shared my way of thinking and connected with. a girl that was into a superficial state of mind didn't interest me.
I think the key to relationships is just like the key to friendships. if you attempt to connect with someone that is on a different frequency then it won't work out so well in the end. (if it even gets started in the first place)
with friends, you have to choose ones that you fit in with, that share your interests, have mutual respect and understand the way you think.

Like Walley's uplifting post, but maybe that's his older individual's perspective.

The aloofness, requiring men to figure it out and decode them...of course it's a test to determine worthiness. Genuine people don't act that way.

It's your role to risk and go through the emotional ringer, which for us feels like "Well what am I, a piece of honeysuckle, why not decode me?", "What about equality!" ... too bad, it's the way it is.

If I weren't disgusting looking there's still no way I'd consider being with anyone under 25, probably 28. Younger women seem too immature, like they don't know what they want/need.
Men are often worse, think of the number of obnoxious idiots you're age that rate women out of 10. Being young has it's downside, mainly to do with those around you.

With age men and women, people in general, seem better able to relate as human beings. You might be better off not stressing about it and just enjoy yourself.

Latest posts

Back