Joyna here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyna

Reaction score
Hi
At first, I'm sorry for my bad english, I haven't write it in so many years, I think I have forgotten all the rules..

I live in Finland with my family (husband and daughter) and I do have couple of friends, but they all have so much to do that we don't see each other so often. I'm 24 years old. I like reading and writing and I wanna be a writer some day. If I ever have the time to write anything.

I have been stay-at-home-mom (really, I have NO clue how that term should write, in finnish it's kotiäiti) and now I should get back to work because my daugter turn 3 years in March and after that, goverment doesn't support me financially.

I really don't want to go back working, I don't fit in, people don't understand me and at work I get more and more lonely. When I'm home, loneliness is hurting less, I still have my family and dogs and stuff, but at work I'm all alone, surrounded with people I don't know.

So, here I am. Hi.

Welcome to the site. Your English is better than you realize.

Thanks Minus!
I've been waiting for someone to answer and Jey! now it happened! Cool!

Thank you all.
The problem is that usually people ignore me. In real life I don't meet other people so often and if I do, I have nothing to say to them, and in Internet I'm not funny enough, not sexy single, so here people have nothing to say to me.
I'm tired, I would like to tell somebody that I just moved to new place and had a job interview, that my husband is stressed and my dog is barking in this new house while we're gone and i'm scared that my new neighbours get angry with us.
And it's hard to me write english. It's yet another reminder to me that I don't fit in.

English is a hard language. Dont give up. As long as we can understand you there's no problem.

^_^

Thanks again!
That google translate keeps suprising me, I don't know if it works from finnish to english, but if you want, you can try.. :p

Olen viime päivinä miettinyt paljon yksinäisyyttä, minun terapeuttini (kyllä, käyn psykoterapiassa kolmatta vuotta) sanoo että huipulla on yksinäistä, että olen viisaampi kuin keskitaso ja se tekee yksinäiseksi. En tiedä, minä uskon että jostain syystä en alitajuntaisesti halua ystäviä, pelkään tai halveksin tai jotakin niin paljon että kiellän itseltäni uudet ihmissuhteet. Onneksi en ole sinkku, silloin tämä olisi varmasti paljon suurempi ongelma.
Toivon salaa että jossakin joku huomaisi miten hienon tuttavan minusta saisi ja minun tarvitsisi vain ottaa ystävyys vastaan. :p

Hei Joyna -- Your English is much better than my "Google Finnish"! I think you wrote something like: "In recent days I've been thinking a lot about loneliness. My therapist (yes, I've gone to psychotherapy for three years) says that the reason for this is that I'm smarter than the average woman. I do not know, I believe that for some reason I prevent how I make friends. I fear or despise something so much that I deny myself the new relationships. Fortunately, I'm not single since this would certainly be a much bigger problem. I secretly hope that someone will notice me and become a great friend to me and I would just need to grab a hold of the friendship.‬‪​‬" Joyna -- I have deep trouble forming and keeping social relationships. That's why I joined this group of ALL people. I hope someone will like me, too. Best to you, LG:)

That is kind of scary thing you do, you understand me even when I speak language you don't know.. The Internet is so odd place, maybe that's why I like it so much. :D

hi!
your english is great - but hey, i'm trying to learn finnish - so will trade you for my english skills :)

(hug) please don't feel like you don't fit in. a language can be learned :)

oh, and hyvää päivää!

Hei kuollut (dead) ja kiitos!
Jos tarvitset apua suomenkielen kanssa niin laita yksityisviestiä, autan mielelläni, ja olen vielä tosi hyvä omassa kielessäni, eli uskon osaavani auttaa.

I feel better now, it's funny how important this forum has become to me in just few days. I feel like here I can be seen.

:)
yes, this place is very important to me as well. i have found true friends here.
thank you! and, same here. feel free to ask me things as well!

Latest posts

Back