Just talk to me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dearest343

Reaction score
I just want someone to talk to, about music, tv, books, movies...Anything interesting, but not deep. I just want to talk about distractive things that have no real depth or weight, things that are interesting enough to make me forget for awhile. So please take my mind away from me for just a little while :D

Well then, welcome to the site. You'll fit right in around here. Don't be afraid of the chat!

Do you like concerts? The last one I went to was Blue October, last year. My friend's mom won the tickets off the radio.

Hallo there, and welcome to the forums. If you're interested, I'll gladly talk about whatnot via PM, always enjoy talking to new folks. Just as long as the discussion doesn't cross over to religion or politics- touchy subjects for some folks, y'see.

Still, I'm a bit of a movie buff- what sort of films do you enjoy, in general?

*waves at everyone* Hellllo!

I love concerts and music, but I can't say I'm a fan of Blue October. Nothing against them, just not really familiar with them.

I am a huge movie geek. I go through all different types of movies, but most of the time, I'm watching an independent movie...or a classic. I just bought a ton of DVDs the other day (Blockbuster going out of business sale...Movies for 99 cents!), and I was really excited to see two of my favorite movies for sale, "Once" and "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men". Easily the highlight of my week!

I also really like "My Blueberry Nights", "Lars and the Real Girl", "Paper Heart", "Fur", and "Dakota Skye", but I'll also watch (and enjoy) anything with Katharine Hepburn, Julie Andrews, Cary Grant, Deanna Durbin, Gene Tierney, and Rex Harrison in it.

I don't like horror, western, or serious action movies. I need a solid plotline.

And I don't like talking about politics or religion either. Hehe, those topics fall under the gigantic catagory of "things I'd like to forget about" while talking with people on this site.

Ah, older movies. I haven't seen many as of late, aside from the occasional film noir film, or a Marx Bros comedy. Still somewhat dread a movie where people start singing and dancing, out of the blue. Dragging bystanders into fiendish sing-alongs or dance numbers. No way for a sane person to behave, if you ask me. :p

I generally live off Hong Kong cinema, kung-fu and cop movies, fantasy and scifi, black comedy and thrillers. I have to admit that no title you mentioned in your post rings a bell, but I'm guessing it'd be the same with me spouting off a litany of my favourite films. :D

Dearest343 said:
I am a huge movie geek. I go through all different types of movies, but most of the time, I'm watching an independent movie...or a classic.....

If you are more fond of independent and classic films, than the latest "blockbuster" then theire is a large number of foreign films that you may enjoy.

I wasn't familiar with Blue October either, until I went to the concert. I thought "free tickets, why not". I like the taboo paths their songs can sometimes take.

Do you like documentaries?

Bread, your happles are adorable.

My reply is kind of bunched together...Haven't figured out how to quote yet :D

I like some documentaries, especially animal documentaries. I'm not really into political or opinion documentaries, but I like historical, artistic, and animal documentaries (mostly animal though hehe).

And I know what you mean about classic movies. There was one movie with Judy Garland (name escapes me right now) where the movie started off with her falling in love with a man pretending to be a pirate, but at the end of the movie, both of them are dressed up as clowns singing "Be a clown". I was thoroughly confused. But I do enjoy musicals that are well done. The thing is that with old movies, they don't really mind if it is a musical or not...Someone WILL sing, darn it all.

I like all kind of music, too many bands in my Ipod to name. But some of my favorites (or at least the bands that I listen to most frequently) are Matt Nathanson, Emmy Rossum, Jack's Mannequin, The Benjy Davis Project, Weezer, Bright Eyes...Trying to think of more, but I'll have to look at my Ipod again. Oh, and a ton of broadway music, oldschool and new stuff.

And thanks, I was worried it was lame, but glad you like it!

Hi Liley! How are you?

OK PEOPLE! I meant it when I said that you can PM me or write about ANYTHING AT ALL. I just need something to read, something interesting, to take my mind off things. I seriously do not care what you write about, even if you think its stupid, just something to distract me.

You know that movie "You got mail?" I want that thing in the beginning, where they just write to each other about whats on their minds, anything at all, with nothing specific that could lead to drama.

I'm FINE with talking about what's wrong, or being there for moral support, but things just got kinda crazy around here, so all I'm asking for is someone to just be interesting for me, and then read my pointless and/or meaningless rambles about nothing at all in return...Constistanly.

Even if it is something like why you hate a certain candy bar, or something funny your pet did, or anything at all that could be labelled "lame". Just something that is interesting enough to take my mind away from me for a little while.

I'd love to PM someone who would like this too

I just want to say that Lars and the Real Girl is one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. You should message me sometime; we'd probably get along quite well. ^.^

Latest posts

Back