Knowledge and intelligence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
I was just about to post in randomdude's topic and i hit a wall...

Basically I was wondering what the difference is (if there is one) between intelligence and knowledge. My brain is always working and i have a lot of moments of deep thought. I'm analyse everything and love to read up about culture and things that people around me think are boring. It's hard to explain.

I think intelligence is common sense/what we learn, and knowledge is wisdom and beliefs etc. Could anyone help out? :p

Cheers

What ASnowyCanadian said.

and love to read up about culture and things that people around me think are boring.

I know exactly what you mean, I've always experienced that I don't have anything in common with most people I meet.

I used to read a lot of books about things that interest me, but if I tried to talk about it, people either don't know how to respond then go silent, or get called a geek (in good humor) from friends and family.

But then if I do ever meet someone who knows about it, they're always a lot more intelligent, which is good.. I suppose.

A problem I also have is that I don't have a good memory, I like to read about things that interest me but most of the time I forget the details, I get quite frustrated by this!

9006 said:
What ASnowyCanadian said.

and love to read up about culture and things that people around me think are boring.

I used to read a lot of books about things that interest me, but if I tried to talk about it, people either don't know how to respond then go silent, or get called a geek (in good humor) from friends and family.

But then if I do ever meet someone who knows about it, they're always a lot more intelligent, which is good.. I suppose.

A problem I also have is that I don't have a good memory, I like to read about things that interest me but most of the time I forget the details, I get quite frustrated by this!

This sounds so much like me! It's almost scary. Anyway i agree with SnowyCanadian, intelligence is the measure of how quick you learn things, your ability to store the things you learned (your knowledge), stuff like that.

To me, knowledge is knowing facts, Intelligence is the ability to put those facts to use.

Latest posts

Back