Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSolitaryMan said:
May I ask how long you've been growing/styling it?

I shave it every couple of months. But it only takes like a week and a half to go from nothing to full bloom. :p I've trained it to be a majestic, awesome 'stache. lol

Badjedidude said:
TheSolitaryMan said:
May I ask how long you've been growing/styling it?

I shave it every couple of months. But it only takes like a week and a half to go from nothing to full bloom. :p I've trained it to be a majestic, awesome 'stache. lol

A week! Wow. Do you mind if I steal your genetics? It's quick and relatively painful-err, less. :D

TheSolitaryMan said:
A week! Wow. Do you mind if I steal your genetics? It's quick and relatively painful-err, less.

It's not really genetics, I don't think. I mean, I do have a tendency to grow thick hair. :p

But mostly it's because I shaved my mustache area a LOT when I was younger. Because shaving supposedly encourages hair growth... which is why it's a bad idea to shave one's eyebrows. After every shave, your hair will grow back just a teeny bit stronger and more resilient. So after a lot of shaving... my mustache just naturally comes in strong now. To keep it away for good, I'd probably have to shave every day. :p And even then I'd have some stubble at the end of the day. lol

Badjedidude said:
Because shaving supposedly encourages hair growth... which is why it's a bad idea to shave one's eyebrows. After every shave, your hair will grow back just a teeny bit stronger and more resilient.

Actually, that is a myth. I'm pretty sure you can thank your genes for this. ;)

Equinox said:
Badjedidude said:
Because shaving supposedly encourages hair growth... which is why it's a bad idea to shave one's eyebrows. After every shave, your hair will grow back just a teeny bit stronger and more resilient.

Actually, that is a myth. I'm pretty sure you can thank your genes for this. ;)

Hehehe, yeah, there's definitely a genetic element to it.

I think shaving a lot does make hair at least appear thicker though. IIRC it encourages it to grow at the same time, all aligned the same way, with slightly wider roots where the cutting occurred.

Moustache, as I promised all the ladies ;)

Manliness.jpg

Striking my manly (read: slightly homoerotic) pose too. Phwooar! etc.

I really need a haircut :s

(And no, I didn't post up my real 'tache because you can't actually see it unless you're fully zoomed into my lips, lol :p )

Equinox said:
Actually, that is a myth. I'm pretty sure you can thank your genes for this.

I'm not so sure it IS a myth. Based on results and personal observations (of others as well)...

Now I kinda feel like there needs to be a scientific study on it. :p

Either way, I like mine. lol :cool:

Badjedidude said:
I was jamming tonight and took a few pics. I messed with one of them for fun, so yes... that makes me a camwhore. :cool:

steveguitar1.jpg

webcam1ax.jpg

steveguitar5xd.jpg

seventhson said:
IMAGE_155.jpg

So thats my ugly mug. People say I'm good looking but yeah I think they are being nice.

I missed the men folk posting! :D soooo glad my computer works now lol

TheSolitaryMan said:
Moustache, as I promised all the ladies ;)

Manliness.jpg

Striking my manly (read: slightly homoerotic) pose too. Phwooar! etc.

I really need a haircut :s

(And no, I didn't post up my real 'tache because you can't actually see it unless you're fully zoomed into my lips, lol :p )
ooooooh attractive :p

Okiedokes said:

Lovely!!!!

Okiedokes, you're quite pretty. :)

Minus said:
I would suspect that growing up (older) was the cause for the change, not shaving.

Mayo Clinic dermatologist Lawrence E. Gibson, M.D. says
"...shaving hair doesn't change its thickness, color or rate of growth."

Interesting read. :D

I'm secretly not entirely convinced... but I'm closer to being so moved. :p

Latest posts

Back