Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alma lost her spoon said:
Soph, I think you're lovely, & I admire you for your honesty & openness.

Here's a pic of my new do as promised.

P1010565_zps1d5665bb.jpg

ahah, this is almost like I have imagined you! Just awesome

you look a bit German (in a good way)

SophiaGrace said:
I know this post of TB's caused a lot of controversy a month or so back. As an (objectively) ugly-looking person I'd like to insert my opinion.

First, I'd like to say that I am not at all insulted by what TripleBogey said. And I will elaborate on some reasons that may back him up in the paragraph below this.

I've found that showing my picture to others online has sometimes been a detriment to me. People who formerly liked me, can become reserved, or stop talking to me completely. Sometimes they even avoid commenting on my apperance whatsoever and ask where/when the picture was taken. This has hurt my feelings on numerous occasions. Or, people have bluntly told me how ugly I am, or have made fun of me (this has even occured in real life, when I did nothing to provoke it). They'd come up to me in the halls at school and tell me how ugly I was to my face. It dumbfounded me.

However, I feel liked enough on ALL that I feel safe posting my pics. I know I am not conventionally beautiful. I know my appearance shocks people when they first meet me and makes people avoid me in real life because they don't know how to deal with me due to my appearance. It makes making friendships difficult. In fact even when people call me beautiful…for example (maybe people will laugh at this) but a few weeks ago I was at a strip club with some classmates (my first time at one) and a stripper came up to me and said "Aww you're so beautiful!" and gave me a kiss on the head. It made me cringe inside, because, she might as well have said "You're really ugly." Because the words were so insincere, that they meant the opposite. Like people commenting on a disabled girl's page on facebook about how beautiful she is. They don't mean it….(I've run out of words to describe this phenomenon I've run across sometimes, insincere, empty flattery for disabled persons.)

However, I feel safe here and I know the people who care about me the most like me regardless of my appearance and some even manage to find aspects about me (like my crooked nose, or my eyes, that they consider cute or beautiful).

But yes, according to the world, to the majority, to the uninitiated to…strangers. I am ugly.

To people who genuinely love me, I am not.

So yes, there are several reasons why someone with a congenital condition or someone lower on the scale of beauty may not want to post. It's terrifying putting yourself up for review and your self-esteem/sense of worth being hit based on how you look (which sometimes cannot be helped).

I guess this might sound cheesy or insincere, but I admire your strength and positivity.

I see your positive, strong, aura around you. You are a beautiful woman with an inner strength. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. Blessed be ^.^

SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
people who don't look so good won't post a pic

I know this post of TB's caused a lot of controversy a month or so back. As an (objectively) ugly-looking person I'd like to insert my opinion.

First, I'd like to say that I am not at all insulted by what TripleBogey said. And I will elaborate on some reasons that may back him up in the paragraph below this.

I've found that showing my picture to others online has sometimes been a detriment to me. People who formerly liked me, can become reserved, or stop talking to me completely. Sometimes they even avoid commenting on my apperance whatsoever and ask where/when the picture was taken. This has hurt my feelings on numerous occasions. Or, people have bluntly told me how ugly I am, or have made fun of me (this has even occured in real life, when I did nothing to provoke it). They'd come up to me in the halls at school and tell me how ugly I was to my face. It dumbfounded me.

However, I feel liked enough on ALL that I feel safe posting my pics. I know I am not conventionally beautiful. I know my appearance shocks people when they first meet me and makes people avoid me in real life because they don't know how to deal with me due to my appearance. It makes making friendships difficult. In fact even when people call me beautiful…for example (maybe people will laugh at this) but a few weeks ago I was at a strip club with some classmates (my first time at one) and a stripper came up to me and said "Aww you're so beautiful!" and gave me a kiss on the head. It made me cringe inside, because, she might as well have said "You're really ugly." Because the words were so insincere, that they meant the opposite. Like people commenting on a disabled girl's page on facebook about how beautiful she is. They don't mean it….(I've run out of words to describe this phenomenon I've run across sometimes, insincere, empty flattery for disabled persons.)

However, I feel safe here and I know the people who care about me the most like me regardless of my appearance and some even manage to find aspects about me (like my crooked nose, or my eyes, that they consider cute or beautiful).

But yes, according to the world, to the majority, to the uninitiated to…strangers. I am ugly.

So yes, there are several reasons why someone with a congenital condition or someone lower on the scale of beauty may not want to post. It's terrifying putting yourself up for review and your self-esteem/sense of worth being hit based on how you look (which sometimes cannot be helped).

I feel as though this is something I could have posted myself, though I still don't feel very safe posting my picture on ALL. I don't have much to add (unless I were to get into my own experiences), I just wanted to say I relate.

Solivagant said:
SophiaGrace said:
Triple Bogey said:
people who don't look so good won't post a pic

I feel as though this is something I could have posted myself, though I still don't feel very safe posting my picture on ALL. I don't have much to add (unless I were to get into my own experiences), I just wanted to say I relate.

Yes it's a very good post.

I would love to put a photo of me on here, smiling at the camera looking really good and people would write nice things. But I won't do it. Any photograph would look hideous. I think it would be embarrassing for people to see it. Most people on here would either try and say something nice about it or not say anything. Nobody would be rude because everybody on here is nice.

I remember posting a small video of myself talking to the camera on another forum. My best friends on there, people who really cared said 'you look average but smile more. That's your problem' - Other people said I looked like a serial killer. Some said I looked mean or disturbed. It was a really awful experience putting that video on there. I swore to myself I wouldn't do it again. I felt like some kind of leper.

Unfortunately in life you get 'ugly people'.

Stupid thing is up to the age of 25 I liked my appearance. Then I started losing my hair and my forehead shape made me look ridiculous. With a full head of hair I would have a lot more confidence. Just unlucky I suppose.

SkaFish-I've gone just a little Johnny Rotten(Mr Lydon I salute you sir!) & appear to be getting away with it :D

Thanks Arachne.

Lilith you're a bit of a babe really aren't you! Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

Hi guise I'd thought I thumbs up

so heer is thomb.

*pic removed*

oh thoomb is goned

so sorry for truble

I always miss pictures being put up and taken away on here. Shucks.

But I bet ya'll look great. And I know Lilith is a beauty. Alma, that is an awesome 'do, and you look great!

so, i lost a bet and I had to make my hair like this
to clarify as my phone has a bad camera, i got a mohawk with long-ish hair, after i lost the bet she made my hair like mini-tiny-dreadlocks

Picture

Also, I really like how awesome, badass and gorgeous everyone looks in this thread :)

Erevetot said:
to clarify as my phone has a bad camera, i got a mohawk with long-ish hair, after i lost the bet she made my hair like mini-tiny-dreadlocks

Picture

Also, I really like how awesome, badass and gorgeous everyone looks in this thread :)

I like it :)

hazel_flagg said:
Erevetot said:

Picture

I like it :)

Thank you :)
weirdly enough, I look silly but I don't feel silly!

^ Naughty,naughty Gabriel!You should lose the orange,it makes you look a little greenish!

Latest posts

Back