Let's try this out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SignedSierraLynn said:
Intranetusa said:
Hi. How are you?

Fine, and you?

Curious - are you a hipster? I have some friends who are artsy, and they are very hipster-ish.

Speaking of vampires, have you read Let the Right One In? (read the novel or watched the Swedish movie, not the US remake)

I like your posts. They're to the point and precise. Two things I envy and need to work on. Though being long-winded has its virtues. Or so I tell myself, ha. My name's Ben. I joined this site about two weeks ago, and it's been interesting. Half the people are looking to hook up, and the other half are... probably looking to hook up but pretend they're not. Me? I'm looking for unique people to talk to, trade thoughts with, learn the how's and why's of, etc. I value articulation and yours stuck out. If you aren't already inundated with private messages, write back if you'd like.

I wouldn't describe myself as arty but I love to write poetry (pre-Modernist style) and play music (rudimentary acoustic guitar), although songs are just more of an excuse for me to write lyrics when poetry grows dull. I read what you posted in the Express Yourself section. Is The Wrong Reflection written as a sonnet? It's 14 lines, has a rhyming couplet at the end. Just wondered. What other kinds of things do you write? Short stories, more poetry, fanfic, blogging, etc. And what kinda music do you make? It's impressive you create in so many different outlets. I respect the dexterity.

ANYway it's nice you're at the forum. Keeping adding to the Express Yourself section. It could use some fresh blood. I posted a poem there, but we'd all appreciate some more sketches, doodles and songs. *Hint, hint* Good luck with all that. :)

SignedSierraLynn said:
I read but not the "pop" culture type of reading. I read novels like The Tall Tell Heart

I loved the tall tell heart so much that it was my subject for my research paper lol

IambicBlonde said:
I like your posts. They're to the point and precise. Two things I envy and need to work on. Though being long-winded has its virtues. Or so I tell myself, ha. My name's Ben. I joined this site about two weeks ago, and it's been interesting. Half the people are looking to hook up, and the other half are... probably looking to hook up but pretend they're not. Me? I'm looking for unique people to talk to, trade thoughts with, learn the how's and why's of, etc. I value articulation and yours stuck out. If you aren't already inundated with private messages, write back if you'd like.

I wouldn't describe myself as arty but I love to write poetry (pre-Modernist style) and play music (rudimentary acoustic guitar), although songs are just more of an excuse for me to write lyrics when poetry grows dull. I read what you posted in the Express Yourself section. Is The Wrong Reflection written as a sonnet? It's 14 lines, has a rhyming couplet at the end. Just wondered. What other kinds of things do you write? Short stories, more poetry, fanfic, blogging, etc. And what kinda music do you make? It's impressive you create in so many different outlets. I respect the dexterity.

ANYway it's nice you're at the forum. Keeping adding to the Express Yourself section. It could use some fresh blood. I posted a poem there, but we'd all appreciate some more sketches, doodles and songs. *Hint, hint* Good luck with all that. :)

Which one are you Ben- in the half looking to hook up or the half pretending not to want to hook up? Even more interesting would be you trotting out your "facts" to support your assertion.

Just curious.

Yeah, it was unwise to label the other half as pretending. Especially since I would be including myself. Though who's to say I'm not unconsciously? But I've been at this forum for two weeks now and at least half of the people here are blatantly looking to hook up. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing; to each their own. But then there's the half who, I would say the majority of them (not all), only pretend to be interested or wish to "help" and what not. As for "facts", before I put a picture on my profile I received a bunch of private messages from guys - I'll leave it at that, lol. Also in talking to some other women here I've gotten a similar impression from them as I stated. You're right, I shouldn't have labeled the other half as I did. I have met some earnest, objective people here. But are they, really? I can't see into another person's mind or heart. Be it my skeptical nature and having lived around men for all my life. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Still, I like this site and there are good people here (women And men) so I'm not complaining. Just made an observation. As I'm allowed to do.

tumblr_lzxjuv8Uop1rq5fl2o1_400.gif

Have to be honest here, I don't feel worthy enough to be your friend(my value is next to 0). But I can see where you're coming from on a few things you've said here.

And my style of humor isn't sarcastic..well one guy calls me the human jackrabbit, because of my seemingly limitless energy and crazy antics.

My primary talent is a form of art. I am a poet, of a unique style..I have about 50+ poems.

sorta OT IambicBlonde but now I am curious. Does that really happen? I get the occasional PM about a specific topic but really don't get them in general. I just assumed that was the norm here. But now you're saying just making a name that makes you sound like a chick gets you a bunch of PMs?

Limlim said:
sorta OT IambicBlonde but now I am curious. Does that really happen? I get the occasional PM about a specific topic but really don't get them in general. I just assumed that was the norm here. But now you're saying just making a name that makes you sound like a chick gets you a bunch of PMs?

I'm still kind of curious as well. There's currently 11,370 people that have been on ALL. Let's play devils advocate and say half are males, that brings us to 5685. So half of those are sending pm's looking to hook up so that's 2843 (rounding things up) guys looking to hook up. Wow, I think a person would go cross eyed trying to read all those messages.

On the other side of the coin there's also 2843 women looking to hook up.

Wonder what their success rate is?

Yes- I'm a bit of an ass. :D

Limlim said:

I really think his introduction was to blame: http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-hello-from-ohio

Mentioning a penchant for flirting in an intro thread, coupled with an e-harmony reference (even if it was a joke) could have resulted in him being misconstrued. Hell, randomly bringing up that one has "boy parts" can also be perceived as being something other than just a creative way to say he's male, especially with a "feminine" name, which is probably why he has complained about people misinterpreting the beginning of his name as "I am bi." Just bad luck all around. *laughs*

@ flaneur: fair enough, lol.

@ Limlim: I'm only going by my own experiences from a few posts and the chat.

@ Lonely: I'm not sure any of that made any sense, but since you were joking anyway... all's good.

Latest posts

Back