Letting Yourself Fall Apart (Personal Hygiene/Maintenance)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Einsam

Okay, so I'm hoping some of you will be able to relate to this (otherwise I'll be very embarrassed), but does anyone have poor personal hygiene? If we're going to be honest, I definitely do. Showering is a chore for me. When I'm at school, I shower every evening, but on holidays... I can go for up to a week without showering. I wash my face and brush my teeth before I sleep, but not when I wake up. I used to skip brushing my teeth, too, but as I get older, I realise more and more how important it is to care for your teeth. You only get one set, after all (yeah, I know, rich coming from someone who only brushes once a day). I do brush twice a day whilst at school, however. On the holidays, I basically spend every hour of the day on the computer. I wake up anywhere between 1-4pm, get on the computer and go to bed somewhere between 3-6:30am. When I wake up, literally the first thing I do is turn on the computer. I don't even go to the bathroom or get a drink or even breakfast. Nothing. I don't even get changed. I spend the whole day in my pajamas. I don't go outside because I feel so disgusting. My hair's gross. I don't know how to care for it! I wash it, but it doesn't seem to do much. Every time I go to the hairdresser, she looks at my hair like I've just come in with a terminal illness and washes my hair for free. That's how bad. My skin's gross, too. I get pimples. It's not acne or anything, but I pick at them with tweezers. Problem is, it's scarring. That's making me even more self-conscious. When I watch TV, I see how close they zoom in on the star's faces and wonder how that could ever be me at this rate. I hope it's not too late and that my skin could possibly repair itself (I'm 16). I don't know how to look after my skin. I tried Proactiv Solution. It worked at first and I was over the moon. I couldn't remember ever feeling so confident. However, taking my great new skin for granted, I stopped using it consistently and the effects wore off. I never got back into a solid routine of it. I tried, but it was like I had built a tolerance to it or something. I want to see a dermatologist about it, but I'm afraid that it's not serious enough and s/he won't offer me a decent solution. Kind of like falling over and going to the emergency room. I was also thinking off going to a dermatologist, but I'm worried they'll think I'm totally disgusting. They're so well-groomed. They'd be horrified! So yeah, I don't know what to do about my skin and hair, it's really dragging my self-esteem down. I have more problems, but I've actually got to go now. I'll add to this later. ...If I get any replies.

Is anyone else 'falling apart'? Even if it's not as bad as me.

Meh not as bad i take a bath every night but every once in ahwhile
i have a bad acne breakout oh and the lady that cuts my hair always
washes it even if i just took a bath so
I dont think its because you dont shower :)
i think its something there supposed to do

I can not remember meeting you be for Einsam so Hallo from me.

OK I am a very clean person. I have to shower every morning are I don't feel awake.

All though sometimes I just get in a cert be bothered mood and don't shower. Sometimes its just nice to seat around all day and not shower. And to where the same boxers two days or even 3 days in a row lol But most of the time I do not do this and have to shower every day. I just have to. I have tried to not when I have been feeling really down but not doing just makes me feel weirs. I think you suffer with depression if your like this and finding that not bathing is a chore. I mean taking a shower is one of the most relaxing things I can think of doing.

If I was you I would make a deal with myself that I do not turn the computer on in tell you have taken a bath brushed your teeth and had a bight to eat. Its easy when your at school has you have to get ready. But I do not have anything to get ready for. So you have to do it for yourself. I mean its not going to take you that long to do them things. You could shower and brush your teeth in under 10 minutes I would say if your wonted to. Think of it like that. And when you have done it you well feel better when on the computer knowing you took that 10 minutes out of your day be for you started it to do them things.
And I do know of one other person here that has a lot moor problems in this erer then yourself. But that is up to him to come here and say so. I don't think he comes here that often now tho. I think its a problem for a lot of ppl that get really down.

You obvisely see it has a problem are you would not have posted about it on here. Don't let your self get like that. You see ppl all the time that do not wash them self. Get into the habit of doing it.. You never know where it well end if you do not.

I also have to shower every morning, but I had been neglecting every aspect of my appearance for a really long time. Now at least I take care of my health, but still not the aesthetics. I was in a really dark place for the past couple of years...I just kinda stopped eating, got really sickly thin, purposefully wore the crappiest clothes I could so nobody would notice me (they weren't so crappy that it was obvious, but I definitely looked like a ruffian). I stopped combing my hair, brushing my teeth sometimes. My skin was a mess (and still kinda is). This is really embarrassing, because I used to be the opposite- obsessed with appearance. I wore lots of expensive designer clothes, used all types of products, I would be late to important things because I couldn't decide what to wear, or I would shut myself in if I had a really bad breakout. But then in 2nd year of college, I started living like how I felt inside- broken, a loser, disgusting. In a way it was good to break away from the fakeness of my former self. I may be hideous now, but at least this is all me. I really hate society's emphasis on looks over health. Like I said, at least now I take care of my health, but still not my appearance. I'm a bit of a germaphobe (rich from somebody with a bunch of bacteria wreaking havoc on my skin), but I look like a slob. I'm so glad that I don't care anymore, because I was just as empty and unhappy all dressed up as I am now.

Hijacc said:
Kristen said:
Einsam, ur just lazy

hey lulz not nice :)

Yea not the most constructive post I have ever seen from Kristen :p

Well I do not know if Einsam is a girl or a boy not that it matters but us men do tend to be lazy you know lol Well some are.

ee i'm kinda the same way, i always shower and do the basics when i go to school, but during breaks like summer vacation, I don't have any friends to go out with and i just stay home so whats the point, i also like to stay in my pajamas, becuase they are comfy. But if i go more than a few days i start to feel gross and i actually like to take showers it's very nice, so i only go a few days without showering. But I wash my face everyday.

I feel grubby If I don't shower at least once a day. If I'm camping it doesnt bother me, but first thing i do when I get back home is take a shower.

My appearance is actually bugging me more than it used to... I used to not give a ****, but now it's to the point I'm actually shaving and riding a bike to get rid of my pudgy ass.

I shower and shave and brush teeth, clean ears..
But I will wear the same clothes..and I neglect laundry and house work.. vacuuming.
My hair is getting pretty long, but I will neglect things, like drs. apts and various things like that.

On the holidays, I basically spend every hour of the day on the computer. I wake up anywhere between 1-4pm, get on the computer and go to bed somewhere between 3-6:30am. When I wake up, literally the first thing I do is turn on the computer. I don't even go to the bathroom or get a drink or even breakfast. Nothing. I don't even get changed. I spend the whole day in my pajamas.

Your like me in some ways except I like to eat breakfast and always brush my teeth before I get on the compy. Cause my teeth feel dirty when ever I wake up from sleep, so I always brush them. I see that my dads teeth are rotting out and I never want to go through that pain and embarrasment. Showering tho, on holidays I slack too. But I do take one after 2 days. Take a hot shower its relaxing. :)

About your hair, If it looks bad even after you wash it, then get the expensive shampoo and conditioner and wash it several times over and over and see what happens.
As for face, you should probably wash it when in the shower, It really helps. I'm lucky as to not have a ton of pimples tho. Don't pick at them too much it'll just make it worse. pop it and then give it a day to heal, then pop it again. lol

You dont eat at all on holidays? I wouldnt like to starve like that. :/

No, I do eat :p I just meant that most people would get something to eat before they turn on the computer. I eat basically all my meals in front of the computer, though. o_o

Einsam said:
Is anyone else 'falling apart'? Even if it's not as bad as me.

I try to take pretty good care of myself but there are days when I can't even bear to look in the mirror.

I don't really "let" myself fall apart, but as I get older it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep things together. Time and gravity will inevitably have their way.

Ok I don't think I fall under the category of completely letting myself fall apart, but I do have an issue with food. When I get depressed I either eat and eat and eat or I just starve myself..so I'm either super fat or super skinny. It goes both ways.

i dont brush my hair...i dont brush my hair..i dont brush my hair...na na na na

and i think its shexy
good2.gif

dash1.gif
ouch

When it comes to showering, I love it! Actually, I love my naked self and I love water. :) And while in the shower, I think about stuff. I keep my nails clipped. I shave frequently, although I opt for an imperfect shave because I always feel better looking that way for some reason. I usually brush my teeth in the morning and make exceptions when I feel I have to. I don't think that's the problem with my mouth. I think, like everyone, I should be seeing a dentist on a consistent basis. The fact is, I can not afford it. THAT'S my problem with my teeth. And yeah, it worries me.

i shower regularly, id say im a heigenic person but sometimes when ur depressed, even though ur doing it, u ask urself y? You dont have any friends, u dont have anywhere to be, it seems useless. I do think to create a more positive regimen u should do it, do the things u r supposed to do and organize ur life.

i take showers and chang my shirt every day but i sum times where the same jeans two days in a row. when it comes to vaca.i just lose my rution of brushing my teeth and i never brush my hair. i have none to hardly any piples or skin problems ever. the funny part is i dont give a crap how i look and peopple say i still look preety good. Ohh and i do work out like 3 times a week at the gym and i find it funny all you talking about turning on you computers because i never turn mine off.

I shower once every two days. I can wear the same pair of jeans for two weeks, and my hair is pretty much unchanged from when I get out of bed. I just put some water on it so it wont stand straight up ^^

My teeth on the other hand... Floss and mouthwash! And I can brush them for like 10 minutes. Time seem to stand still in the bathroom.

No one's ever complained so far (On the other hand, I don't have any friends!)

I don't really care that much for my looks. Just trying to do what feels comfortable

Latest posts

Back