LGBT Relationships and Inevitable Issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How hard is it to initiate a gay relationship for you?

• Total voters
I am a bisexual woman and I can completely relate to what you are saying. This is why I've only dated guys! It's just easier to go along with the cultural norm. My parents would be furious if I dated a girl. They seem to be harder to get, too, because girls that are genuinely attracted to girls usually don't talk about it. Also, most girls that are attracted to girls assume that I'm faking it if I say that I'm bisexual. They think I do it for other men. Because they think that bisexual women don't exist. That we are all promiscuous girls who are faking it. (I tried to get other women on dating sites back when I was single last year. All of them rejected me.)

I'm not. In fact, I only do monogamous relationships. My boyfriends all eventually find out about my sexual orientation (and usually want a threesome), but I always say no. I get jealous sometimes when someone I am dating just LOOKS at other people of either gender. It's not like I'm going to hop into bed with another person and them without having a mental breakdown and probably destroying our relationship over jealousy. I'm too possessive for that.

And if they don't do that, then they assume that I'm promiscuous and therefore going to cheat on them with another girl. D= That's what my current boyfriend did. I had to comfort him a lot about it.

All it means is that I'm interested in relationships with either men or women. That I can fall in love with either and have sex with either.

In fact, it gets awkward sometimes. My one girl friend in person, I am attracted to. I'm attracted to tall people and she's very tall, over 6 feet! She has long pretty legs, blond hair, a round butt, and I've seen her without her top on. Trust me, I understood what a man would feel in that same situation. =S I was so tempted to touch her and had to resist and now every time she wears low cut shirts, I have to struggle to look at her face. Sometimes she does it to me on purpose. She knows I am bisexual and I think she can tell that she teases me sometimes when she does certain things. Partly because of certain things she's said to me. She's 100% straight though, so it makes the whole thing incredibly awkward for me. But if my boyfriend asked to have a threesome with her and me and him, I'd slap him across the face. I'm NOT sharing someone I am dating with other people or going to cheat on him with other people. To me, personally, it makes the relationships I am in feel tainted when more people are added to it and I stop feeling close to the person or like we're actually in love. Even when they just suggest the idea.

And because of this, every time I've told a guy that I was bisexual, he eventually calls it "useless" because I won't use my bisexuality to tease him in any way. That's the word they always use for it, too. XD "Useless." And pretty quickly we stop talking about it.

And yet girls all either think I'm ugly or assume I am faking it, so they won't date me.

I don't mind at the moment because I'm not single, but it really sucks trying to pursue girls and have them reject you a lot. And then trying with guys who you are also attracted to and having much more success. Sometimes I wonder if girls are just pickier. I don't know.

But anyway, because of this, sometimes I just label myself as heterosexual. Because I'm not sure I'd ever get anywhere with a girl anyway.

Latest posts

Back