Life Rant...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsfade

Reaction score
I'm a student attending a community college, this was the year that I was finally supposed to be finished and transferring out to a university. I applied to 10 schools and got accepted into 7 of them, I was happy all of my hard work paid off but the life got in the way. I had some personal family issues and ended up coming to the decision that I wouldn't be able to transfer out and continue my education. This was probably one of the hardest decisions that I've had to take and it pretty much broke me...for three years I've had to bust ass and in the end all of my hard work was worthless in the end. So now I've got free time....I can't reapply for transfer till fall and I have to wait out a year. I feel like i'm wasting my time and my life is on hold. I'm watching my friends get their things together and getting ready to head off to their universities and it kills me, I should be doing the same and getting my things together to leave but I'm not. Additionally the majority of my good friends/acquaintances are all leaving and I'm pretty much getting left behind. And honestly for me making friends has always been hard and here theres a group of people that I had finally become friends with.

I try talking to my best friend and he provides no kind of support even tho I've been there for him whenever he's had issues or something went down. We'd been planning to go off to the same university and doing our thing over there but since this happened it kinda feel's like he's dropped me as a friend and it feels kinda like we were great friends when things were good but once things didnt work out so well its kinda like too bad I can't associate with you anymore.

I'm just frustrated trying to figure out what i'm going to do for the next year, I'm not working for the summer since my job is seasonal and i've got free time and all of this free time by myself just leaves me alone with my thoughts. I keep wondering what next, I end up getting a another job and just spend the rest of my life working some crappy job? Am I just here sitting around with my life on hold.

Idk what this post was about other than basically just a rant of some of the things running in my head,

First of all, you should have continued your education. But, transfer when you can.

About your friend, he's probably too busy making plans about going to his university. If you were going with him, then he'd probably be talking and listening to you right now.

If I were you I'd find a job that you could work all the time (not seasonal). Cause you're going off to university, you don't want to keep your mind inactive. Find something to do that keeps you engaged and attentive.

Ak5 said:
About your friend, he's probably too busy making plans about going to his university. If you were going with him, then he'd probably be talking and listening to you right now.

Just 20 minutes of conversation wouldn't hurt.

As for kingsfade, at least you know what you're doing in life. I think one problem is that you're comparing yourself to others. I do that a lot and it does bring me down and cause me stress.

Latest posts

Back