Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IGETNONE

Reaction score
Ok now this is an actual question i tend to ask myself and im pretty sure there are others who wonder "is there a point to my life?" soooo far i haven't really accomplished anything in my life (im only 17) but i tend to think that im NEVER gunna succeed in life and im always gunna be one lonely guy. Im afraid i might end up on the streets while i see everyone else go by with a great job, rich, in love, basically just successful

IGETNONE said:
Ok now this is an actual question i tend to ask myself and im pretty sure there are others who wonder "is there a point to my life?" soooo far i haven't really accomplished anything in my life (im only 17) but i tend to think that im NEVER gunna succeed in life and im always gunna be one lonely guy. Im afraid i might end up on the streets while i see everyone else go by with a great job, rich, in love, basically just successful

Hey there, I sort of had a similar mind set when I was your age. I am 21 right now, and I am not as successful as I wished to be when I was in school. I have recently started online classes at the university of Phoenix. So it is a goal that I am adamant about. Perhaps you are in a similar boat that I was in. I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. I still don't actually. But setting one goal can lead to others. You are 17 years old, you have your whole life ahead of you.
People discover thigns about themselves all of the time, you may just need to put yourself out there a little bit more. Take some risks at some point. But you shouldnt stress yourself over it just yet. Since you are still younger and probably in school still, you have plenty of time to think about that stuff. I spent the last few years stressing, and i havent gotten any closer until i relaxed.
If you give do some things for yourself, and just have some "me" time, you will have an easier time discovering your calling.

No on becomes truly great that early in life. Personally I have the fantasy all the time of being able to leave something timeless behind. Something with my name on it that will be remembered for a long time. I think a lot of guys feel that way.

Fortunately, it doesn't have to be something concrete like a book or a film. In fact if you ever asked a father whether he'd choose to live on through an object or a child, he would always choose his child.

I know it's a bit of a wierd point, but it's something anyone at any level of greatness can do, and still feel like they provide for the world.

Personally, I don't know if I'll ever have kids, or get married. I do love to travel though, so maybe I'll find a way of living on through that.

Jack

I feel like that and I'm in my mid-30s! I have to agree with what the others have said here - set yourself a modest goal and work towards it. Right now I'm working on a thesis and when that's done who knows what awaits me. I would add that I've known plenty of people who are have a job, are rich, or in a relationship (including myself, except for the rich part) and yet they did not feel successful or content. I think you need to discover what "success" really means to you - it may not be the same as what everyone else thinks it should be.

Latest posts

Back