Light

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Despair

I'm just the archetype of the 30 year old virgin living in the basement.

I do what people with no life do: play games, watch tv, listen to music, think about death and religion all the time, explore their imaginations, live inside their heads, get high, watch star trek, play D&D.

I notice you have a partner forum... I'm not here with any delusions of actually finding someone... Sometimes its painful being alone. I'm here to teach and learn ways to cope with the pain so that it don't drive me mad.

I know where I stand in life... alone forever. by now no love I offer would be untainted by desperation... For the sake of irony I will state that I'd gladly offer unconditional love and absolute devotion to a female that wanted me...yet still I am fated to walk alone.

I'm all about the doom metal, death metal, goth, industrial and punk are good too, oh and horror movies... Dark and also emo.

Hi!
Ive not been here long myself, but have to say that everyone is realy nice and friendly.
Star trek,gaming and D&D are brillaint.( i like captain "touchy feeley" janeway and old kirk trek) Dr Who and most scifi.
Religion is a great debater no matter who its with and as for your taste in music( *woohoos in glee*).. Rammstein are a huge ass fav of mine along with doom/industrial/goth metal.
See your no longer alone!

:)

i ma on the same ship , 28 alone , spend my time between classes and stay home watching tv shows or playing WoW

Welcome Despair

hey despair, welcome to the forum.

great tastes, man you can never go wrong with doom metal

*airguitars*

XD

Despair, I think I will be just like you when I am older :D
I am already well on my way to where you are.

You seem to write fairly well and have a good imagination and taste for good stories (Star Trek), so you could probably become a good writer. Write fantasy novels. Write a book about yourself, and make up a chapter where you get a girlfriend :) It's what I would do. I'm actually in the process of creating a virtual girlfriend.

If our reality is defined by our senses and thoughts, surely we can construct our own reality using our imagination and some will-power.

Caesium said:
Despair, I think I will be just like you when I am older :D
I am already well on my way to where you are.

/facepalm

I am not a role model lol

seem to write fairly well and have a good imagination and taste for good stories (Star Trek), so you could probably become a good writer. Write fantasy novels. Write a book about yourself, and make up a chapter where you get a girlfriend :) It's what I would do. I'm actually in the process of creating a virtual girlfriend.

Thank you... that was the plan.

except for the part about the virtual girlfriend. It's... not the sort of experiment I had in mind. My theory is that romantic love is the deepest connection humans can achieve, I had wanted to test the limits of this theory. If you look at the love wiki page the process is described as increasing dopamine and other chemicals in the brain. Maybe love is just another way of getting high... a better way.

if our reality is defined by our senses and thoughts, surely we can construct our own reality using our imagination and some will-power.

The trick is messing with the part of your brain that discerns between fantasy and reality so that you think its real. Theres people who can tell you how to do this... they live in the mental ward.

On second thought... that is not a good approach.

Instead of trying to make fantasy seem more real, lets instead focus on how reality is fake. Once everything seems fake, one is no more real then the other.

what bands do you like

pretty much all of them. Mostly the ones that are unique, dramatic, and don't all sound the same.

[youtube]FuUkh_b6LxY[/youtube]

Throne of grief
..... in a dying essence
Crying beauty
..... the fettered aura
Forgotten oceans of hope
..... Betrayed aphony
Sullen laughter in unventured paradise
(as one) forever searching
For landscapes serene
Amidst the sunset of age
With joyous masquerade.....