Like chatting?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nerdygirl said:
You know, you can talk to me on Skype if you see me on. We can discuss canned tamales.

Omg, ahaha. How could I forget about those canned tamales :D

We can also discuss bare feet? :shy::D

nerdygirl said:
You know, you can talk to me on Skype if you see me on. We can discuss canned tamales.

Can I see you on video, or Facetime, or whatever? Sometimes just someone's voice is not enough for me. :p

(The following statement has nothing to do with anyone here at all, but about my skepticism of the internet in general: did anyone hear the story of good ol' Manti Teo.. finding out that this attractive female voice on the other line, was not from a female at all? There are some people who will intentionally misrepresent themselves, for some reason I can't yet fathom. Again, this is just about MY wariness of the internet, even if it's just platonic friends I'm talking to.. these days, I want to be certain I know who I'm talking to. Maybe it's just me.)

Batman55 said:
Can I see you on video, or Facetime, or whatever? Sometimes just someone's voice is not enough for me. :p

(The following statement has nothing to do with anyone here at all, but about my skepticism of the internet in general: did anyone hear the story of good ol' Manti Teo.. finding out that this attractive female voice on the other line, was not from a female at all? There are some people who will intentionally misrepresent themselves, for some reason I can't yet fathom. Again, this is just about MY wariness of the internet, even if it's just platonic friends I'm talking to.. these days, I want to be certain I know who I'm talking to. Maybe it's just me.)

And of course it's got nothing to do with seeing boobies right? ;)

But yeah I get your point, if I put the effort into it I can sound like a chick from Liverpool all night. In fact if I try to lift my voice to sound like a girl I end up going scouse naturally.

Batman55 said:
nerdygirl said:

If it's just a platonic friendship, then why does it matter what the other person looks like? People can still misrepresent themselves even when you know what they look like. Your wariness of the internet sounds kind of shallow to me.

I'm always up for a nice chat :). PM me for my Skype details :)

Yeah sure, if you want to chat send me a pm sometime.

And I'll give you my skype user name. =)

Locke said:
If it's just a platonic friendship, then why does it matter what the other person looks like? People can still misrepresent themselves even when you know what they look like. Your wariness of the internet sounds kind of shallow to me.

Good point, it definitely doesn't matter. I suppose that statement reflects my lack of trust in people, in general. Or perhaps an inability to concentrate on the moment.

jzinsky said:
And of course it's got nothing to do with seeing boobies right? ;)

Not at all. The last thing I want to be seen as is some internet creep.

I was under the impression that facetime and skype video was commonplace these days, anyhow. But I can definitely see why people would not be comfortable with that, and just want to talk instead.

Batman55 said:
nerdygirl said:

I really don't get on the cam. I mean, I don't even do it for my clients, and they PAY to interact with me.

murmi97 said:
So I'm curious Bei, what "niave" means, is it a name or just a word in another language?

Lol, I thought no one would ever ask.

It's a combination of 2 nicknames nia and ave. Nia was a what I was called on an old mmo I used to play and Ave was the name of the girl I always played with. So together it made niave. :D

Bump

I don't know if this is a good idea but OP was me or is me, haha. I can't believe how old this is. I don't really think this will work but yeah. Pretty much what the OP says still. I'm actually not that shy one on one but I can't do chat rooms. I really don't like them. It feels like walking into an empty room or a room that already has a conversation going on where I can't possibly figure out how to join in.

I know a lot of people on here don't like voice chatting but I kind of love it. For me it's a quicker way of getting to know someone and it has it's postives and negatives. I'm in school now so I don't have all the time in the world but I still get lonely sometimes. And if it makes any sort of difference I'm vegan and an atheist. :)

Latest posts

Back