Like spinning plates

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me just throw this out there: I'm a very weird person. I do weird things, I say weird things, and people think I'm a weirdo. And you know what? I am okay with this; I like being weird and I don't want to be anything else. But, sometimes I feel bad because I confuse people. Most people just tend to ignore me and avoid me. It probably doesn't help that I am shy and nervous, which only helps with jumbling my already jumbled thoughts. Sometimes, I realize that I have dissappeared, which was my dream during middle school, but it is not what I wanted. I just want to be accepted for what I am.

I get mixed feeling of wanting to be left alone and wanting to actually be noticed by people and making friends, But sometimes when you want people to accept you for who you are it's very nerve wracking really. I tend to make friend, but by the next day they avoid me and i never understand why that happens. I usually think is it im weird,mean, or basically anything along those lines. To be accepted for who you are is really difficult in society now because now not everyone is very accepting for who you are. To me I find the odd one are usually the ones that are not very accepted in society. Even so you will find some people that may be accepting, but you will never know.

Who cares if people think you're weird? I'm sure the ones who think you're weird don't even know you.

Paranoid Android said:
Let me just throw this out there: I'm a very weird person. I do weird things, I say weird things, and people think I'm a weirdo. And you know what? I am okay with this; I like being weird and I don't want to be anything else. But, sometimes I feel bad because I confuse people. Most people just tend to ignore me and avoid me. It probably doesn't help that I am shy and nervous, which only helps with jumbling my already jumbled thoughts. Sometimes, I realize that I have dissappeared, which was my dream during middle school, but it is not what I wanted. I just want to be accepted for what I am.

I like weird people as I have a fear of mediocracy, and being an average joe. I'd bet that your the most interesting person for miles..... I have slightly weird friends, socially awkward friends and all sorts and I like them all, and more importantly I accept them for who they are.

If you're not dangerous or malicious then what's the problem? Be yourself, go crazy, the world is your big, crazy oyster!!!!!

I don't mind the wired ones...it's those perfectly normal ones you gotta worry about :D

We all want to be left alone at times, but I think sometimes thats selfish. It's like you only want the good times with people, but not the bad - then you want to be left alone. Sure your not going to get along with everyone, but I think being more welcoming can only lead to good things.

I think with age, things get easier. People are not so judgmental with age.

What is weird? What does weird mean to you? Seriously. I think it's weird that 10 years ago most people walked in a straight line. Now everyone is texting like zombies on their phones and can't even bother to look where they're going. I see people: attractive, popular people almost walking into traffic, running red lights, etc., bc they're texting away like "fuq it, why should i look before i step out onto a busy highway?? Life is too short, and there are toooo many texts to send. I'm gonna walk where I feel like. there's an app that stops cars before they hit u." And I'm like, omg, that person has friends. omg, everyone does that. and I'm the weird one.

/get off my lawn, etc.

Agree with Unwanted94, but you must see that if someone's "different" from social standard, then they're classed as "weird", it's how you deal with it that matters I suppose. People arn't as accepting as they should be.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
What is weird? What does weird mean to you? Seriously. I think it's weird that 10 years ago most people walked in a straight line. Now everyone is texting like zombies on their phones and can't even bother to look where they're going. I see people: attractive, popular people almost walking into traffic, running red lights, etc., bc they're texting away like "fuq it, why should i look before i step out onto a busy highway?? Life is too short, and there are toooo many texts to send. I'm gonna walk where I feel like. there's an app that stops cars before they hit u." And I'm like, omg, that person has friends. omg, everyone does that. and I'm the weird one.

/get off my lawn, etc.

well said :)

perfanoff said:
well said :)

Lol thanks, although I think I sounded rather curmudgeonly!

It's okay to be unconventional, or to be on the margins, or fringes of society. The most exciting, coolest people (I think) are this way.

As a freak, an oddball, an artist, a "person who does weird things": one has more freedom to be who they are: to play with their identities, their interests, their pursuits. This takes special talents that one might not necessarily have if they were more mainstream. Consider your weirdness a gift :)

The best thing about weird people is that they are extremely honest people. They are deep thinkers, perceptive and most of the time, their judgement about other people is right. These all are very good traits.

BrokenInside said:
The best thing about weird people is that they are extremely honest people. They are deep thinkers, perceptive and most of the time, their judgement about other people is right. These all are very good traits.

It's like they see all the warning signs before everyone else cause they know them already! Maybe that's what makes them a good judge of character. Go weirdo's, lol!!!

BrokenInside said:

Did you just call me weird? :D

Paranoid Android said:

dang. I thought this was something I had posted. Sounds just like me.

Latest posts

Back