little girl even though im 17

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soharuchan

Reaction score
ive always been lonely... i used to walk around on the playground by myself. i became friend with people in middle school but they werent friends and i was too shy to talk to anyone else. ive made friends now but have only just realized ive been lonely my whole life. i have low self esteem and degrade myself which is pathetic. i cant pick my life up, and just really want someone to tell me everything is going to be... okay... i want to form a realtionship with a boy, but im too shy and afraid of rejection. im not mean, i hate being mean! and i like to make people happy. but when it comes to boys... they barely ever even notice me. im looking for any boy who can help me... i dont care what your background is. i need to connect with someone... sigh... am i pathetic or what?

This text was like 100% my life. :( I know exactly how you feel, and you're not pathetic, everyone (I think?) needs someone. Someone who you can talk to, someone to give a hug, someone who understands.

I don't know how to solve the issue, maybe just need to have the courage to face fears and talk to people? Small steps.

soharuchan said:
ive always been lonely... i used to walk around on the playground by myself. i became friend with people in middle school but they werent friends and i was too shy to talk to anyone else. ive made friends now but have only just realized ive been lonely my whole life. i have low self esteem and degrade myself which is pathetic. i cant pick my life up, and just really want someone to tell me everything is going to be... okay... i want to form a realtionship with a boy, but im too shy and afraid of rejection. im not mean, i hate being mean! and i like to make people happy. but when it comes to boys... they barely ever even notice me. im looking for any boy who can help me... i dont care what your background is. i need to connect with someone... sigh... am i pathetic or what?

We are very much alike, except I am 15, male, and I'm looking for girls :p

I was too shy to make friends myself in Middle School. If you have friends now, then its not you, its your confidence level that drops when around the opposite sex.

Here's a few tips, coming from a MALE. Once you spot a guy you like, just talk to him; you have to feel confident and in control.

A. Confidence
B. Smile
C. Talk and laugh
D. When he talks, you smile or laugh. Be genuinely interested in him.

Hell, you do these things to me, and um, you know XD.

Oh and don't try to get into his life much at first, just become friends at first. Don't go after him much, a guy needs his personal space. Once its CLEAR that both of you like each other, then you can both start escalating, exchange cell phone numbers, start hanging out, etc.

And finally, your not pathetic. I would too get very nervous if it's me talking to a girl. You just have to "push" your mental limits. You have to decide to step outside your "comfort zone" as they say and just do it. Its hard, but after you do you feel a ton of adrenaline and you feel more relaxed in talking and doing things.

Good luck.

You saying that you have been too passive and not stood up for yourself is a big thing. Seriously. Traditionally, admitting a problem is the first step, but when it comes to standing up for yourself, it's more than that. It's a new mentality. At least was for me.

Good luck.

I'm a 17 year old guy. I've never been too interested in the romantic game, so I probably can't completely tell what people my age look for or how they think, but drop me a pm if you think I can help.

Latest posts

Back