living alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonu

Reaction score
is it really difficult to live alone ? whats the meaning of having heads around you just for number sake when you still feel lonely.. ?

I've lived alone going on 7 years now and yeah it gets hard sometimes. All you have is yourself to talk to. But I'd rather live on my own then with roommates you have to worry about holding up their end of the rent, or eating your food, or clean up after themselves. Unless that roommate was exchanging sexual favours...lol jk. There are heads around me, I can hear my neighbours talking in the hall (voices seem to echo) or if they are outside my living room window talking. Sometimes over hearing what they are talking about reminds me why I like living alone. :D

for me its easy necessary even.
but i realise i am a bit of an exception.

i do wonder what it would be like living with someone i felt comfortable with.
but i have never met anyone like that yet.

There are difficulties in the small things that you may not have been doing before, such as keeping track of your budget, organizing meals, laundry, etc. Its not exceptionally difficult and well worth doing at least for awhile for everyone. There is a serenity in solitude that is not to be ignored.

I had been looking forward to living alone all of my life. I've only been living alone for a year now, but I still enjoy it. Even though I get really lonely sometimes, I always look forward to coming back to my cave and hiding at the end of a long day. My bf stays with me on the weekends, and it's nice to have his help around my apartment, but yet again, when he goes I am happy and sad at the same time. I like to be alone, but I look forward to the next weekend when he'll come back.
The best part is being able to do what you want, when you want, and you don't have to worry about anyone else giving you honeysuckle for it. You wanna sit on the couch and watch TV in your underwear while eating from the jar of pickles, ******* DO IT! :D

as far as i am concerned even if you are living with someone there will be moments in life when you still fell lonely.. you will feel you were better off without that someone.. this feeling has come in me because i kept losing the one's i loved so much in life for every other reason.. not that they died.. they just LEFT me ! i did everything i could to save the relation.. even when it was not my fault i was yelling sorry sorry.. but no ! no one cared.. so yes today i am alone..

IgnoredOne said:
There are difficulties in the small things that you may not have been doing before, such as keeping track of your budget, organizing meals, laundry, etc. Its not exceptionally difficult and well worth doing at least for awhile for everyone. There is a serenity in solitude that is not to be ignored.

That is so true, I had to get myself into a routine. Grocery shopping on Monday, get what I might want to eat for the week, laundry on Thursday nights, budgeting is still a problem though. I just make sure I'm going to have enough to cover rent, then worry about the rest of my bills that are usually do a few weeks after the first of the month. They are usually the same so that helps in estimating what is coming up. Whatever is left over goes into my savings account.

It can be very liberating to do things for yourself, the most important thing is making sure you have the utensils. Literally. If you buy a pizza make sure you have a pan and pizza cutter.

Latest posts

Back