Living in silence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdot said:
Right now I'd rather be treated like crap so I didn't always get my hopes up. *laughs*

well yes I guess that would be pretty horrible. At least I know. You are getting your hopes up, only to be disapointed.

You know, making people talk to you forces them to get used to you and then they become your friend.

SophiaGrace said:
You know, making people talk to you forces them to get used to you and then they become your friend.
I wouldn't want someone to feel forced into being my friend. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Moe said:
SophiaGrace said:
I wouldn't want someone to feel forced into being my friend. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Good lord, "forcing" people develops an attachment. Especially in the case of having a physical disability that everyone feels uncomfortable with when they first meet you. Which is the case for me. Once people get to know me, they like me. But I have to force them to get past my exterior first.

Blackdot... how about just avoiding the come-ons for a while and be happy to accept a women's friendship?

doesn't work cause I want to date someone so just being near females causes me to want what I can't have. Then if they talk to me I automatically take it the wrong way.

blackdot said:
doesn't work cause I want to date someone so just being near females causes me to want what I can't have. Then if they talk to me I automatically take it the wrong way.

Swap jobs at any time, you're not going to be bothered by ANY of those pesky females :p

blackdot said:

Then don't. You could develop friendships with women who are taken, that way getting used to knowing women without any ulterior motive driving your interest. Hard to believe that the only women who talk to you are single.

blackdot said:

can't you just be instead of having this angst driving you?

rdor said:
Hard to believe that the only women who talk to you are single.

no, unfortunately the only women that talk to me are ones that are not single or don't date.

blackdot said:
My lifestyle is extremely boring but that's cause I'm not dating. If I have someone to do things with then I am outgoing. I chameleon to the situation.

Maybe this is part of the problem. People want to date a person, not themselves. Being a chameleon kind of seems like you are just a shell of a person with no real interests or opinions one way or the other. Also, if you are a chameleon, you are depriving the other person a chance to grow as a person or experience anything new.

Do you ever challenge people? Have differing opinions on anything? Disagree on anything?

Latest posts

Back