LoneKiller Needs To Say Something.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
LoneKiller said:
Never again will I ever do that. Surely you don't want me to post in such a depressing fashion in a forum full of people in real pain on the forum and in real life? Doing whatever I can to help members feel better makes me feel better. I've caused enough pain to people in my life, that's why I'm so enthusiastic and am at my happiest when I help.

As far as being hollow, that couldn't be further from the truth. I say what I mean. Thank you for your honesty.

God Bless.
LK

Not at all - its just that the enthusiasm feels a bit off to me - but I suppose that's your nature, and I would not begrudge you. Its interesting what you said about causing pain to people and intend to continue to do so; I, too, have caused pain to people, although in my case it was intentional and they brought it upon themselves by their acts. And yet, I too feel a strange obligation as if to repay, to balance a certain equation.
I don't feel obligated to help. You can never undo something like that. I do this because it makes me feel good to know that I can help others. I do it because I want to. I also have learned a lot from this forum in such little time. I've been on other forums where trolling and disrespect ran rampant, and that honeysuckle pisses me off! It's refreshing to be in a forum that treat each other civilly. I have nothing against razzing other members from time to time, not trolling them to the point where they dismiss themselves from the forum.

God Bless
Jason

SophiaGrace said:
You're the one who's uncomfortale and offsetting.

:(

IgnoredOne just shared a subjective observation he had. It wasn't an insult (I don't think).

I see what he's talking about too. There's almost a manic nature about the expressiveness.

Hey AK, that gif, how popular is it? I just saw it used extensively on a niche forum, and I thought it was an internal thing. Clearly not?

SophiaGrace said:
IgnoredOne said:
That is nice, but there's something about your enthusiasm that is a bit offsetting and perhaps a bit uncomfortable. You do realize this, yes?

You're the one who's uncomfortale and offsetting.

That was a bit of an insensitive ad hominem.

It's pretty popular.

I was speechless about this thread, the only thing I thought to post was Applause! XD

A truly inspiring post right here ;)

When I wasn't registered here yet, and lurked for a bit, I also found it remarkable how courageous some here were in expressing how they really felt - more so in a way that I've hardly ever seen occur in real life, which may be due to the fact that internet creates an artificial distance, but still - speaking up is not something that everybody just dares to do.
I, too, appreciate that honesty and courage displayed here, and I find nothing wrong with creating a thread every now and then to remember everyone here of the simple fact that there are some truly great people here.

Okay I just want to say something here. My picture of LK (lonekiller) is thus. He is a young man, who genuinely wants to help those around him. He is kind, he is warm, he is caring. We, well, a lot of us here have some sort of depression to go along with our loneliness.

Now, take a person like Lonekiller (who has good intentions) and pair him up with depressives (who view the world negatively.) and, somehow it might seem to the depressive that lonekiller is manic, when he really isn't and it's their view of the world that makes him seem as such.

Also, Ignored One is looking through the lens of his disorder as well. ASPD (which he has mentioned in previous posts), so when he says that against lonekiller it makes me wonder if a) he is genuinely confused by LK because he doesn't understand empathy, since LK seems to be a very empathetic individual or b) he has another reason for saying such a thing. or c) he has depression himself, though I can't say for certain whether people with ASPD tend towards that or not.

LoneKiller said:
Poguesy said:
I thought i was the only nut.

Clearly not.
You're nut alone.
ok this thread made my day and then this pun made my day again... lol

IgnoredOne said:
That is nice, but there's something about your enthusiasm that is a bit offsetting and perhaps a bit uncomfortable. You do realize this, yes?
*pokes future husband with a stick* less criticism more chocolate :p

Latest posts

Back