LoneKiller's Scrapbook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone. I hope this post finds you all well.:)

Understanding the magnitude of power money has in this world, I thought that I'd make this thread. I'll keep it short, I know that some viewers aren't here to read a novel. That being said, do you feel that we as humans use money more for bad than good?

"Money Is The Root Of All Evil". How many times have we heard that? I disagree with that in a way. Usually it's the person that has the money that decides how to spend it and for what purpose. However, it's the things that money can do for you that makes it so appealing.

Bribing a judge would be an example. Paying someone to murder your ex lover for cheating, things like that. Money is also used to research diseases such as HIV or Cancer, and helps rebuild houses and such for all those poor souls who are still suffering from the effects of hurricane "Katrina".

We've now established that money can be used for good and evil, so my question is again, Do we humans as a whole use money more for bad than good in this world?

Thanks for viewing.:)

Honestly I do wonder if money brings about more evil then good. There is alot of good, but then a few people come along and cause a ton of harm. Does the harm of a few outweigh the many? The amount of harm that can be caused is huge.

The problem though isn't money, it is regulation. Who is in power, how that power is used, what is allowed, are things enforced. I blame capitalism. I think capitalism is needed to some extent, but it is sort of a free for all system. It is easy to take advantage of something that is allowed to be so much of a free for all. And the larger a business or organization gets, the more it can leverage taking advantage. It is weird because we have dictatorships within the US. Some American companies operate much like a dictatorship. What is the difference between a company and government? What happens when a business has the power to rival a government? We have a democracy, but can that be overthrown by a business? At what point is a democracy broken? Should people act when they receive a financial incentive to be a part of the problem? Can you expect people to act when there incentives to take advantage of others?

Is the purpose of life to be an widget or is there more to life then economic production? Can we call American's economic slaves? How has this happened?

What is evil? Such a silly blank definition. Do humans probably waste /most/ of our resources, including time and money and effort for frivilous and selfish things? Sure.

As a "whole" yes money is used more 'evil= or self motive than anything, when you speak of helping the poor, building homes, giving to the poor... there are folks who are genuine and pure in heart, but way more so who has motives. what can make me look good, how can I get attention, how can I get a pat on the back, how can I look like a great pure heart person in the eyes of others... so either way you look at it, there indeed are good money spenders, but far more evil doers with motives and black hearts.

just my opinion
Nolife princess.

I think when you try to play life by a formula it tends to backfire alot. Some people think there is a magic method to find love. I don't think it works quite that way.

I hope it doesn't help. The rules are nothing more than the female version of the game. Worse even I would say.

Mr. Right doesn't exist...I know this because I found him and he turned out to be a ****.

G'Day Mates!

Do you feel as though that no matter what advice you receive on/off the forum, it still isn't enough? Do you feel that you are a "Lost Cause"? If so, how do you cope with it? Do you feel like not even trying anymore?

Thanks for viewing.
LK

I have felt like a Lost Cause before.

That "pit of despair" is a horrible place to be.

No, I don't feel like I'm a lost cause. Hope keeps me going. And I've noticed that failing is not the end of the world, in most cases. As long as I got my life and what's left of my health, there's at least an infinitesimal chance.

I do feel as though i am a lost cause. I cope with it by not talking about my problems because people will just act as though they know hat i should be doing, when in fact, i'd just fail at taking their advice anyway.

SophiaGrace said:
I do feel as though i am a lost cause. I cope with it by not talking about my problems because people will just act as though they know hat i should be doing, when in fact, i'd just fail at taking their advice anyway.
SophiaGrace. You are far from being a lost cause. You have been here helping others cope for like 9 months. You have a strong reputation here as well as a high post level. You have helped me and so many others with your words.

You are a strong and compassionate person. If you are a "Lost Cause", then I want to be one just like you.

Sincerely,
LK

Relationships - Yes, but I accept it and move on without dwelling on it for the most part.

Everything Else in Life - No.

i do have hope now. but as each year passes by, i feel like im backing down on all my priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back