LoneKiller's Scrapbook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

My father wanted me to see what you guys think of these giant companies downsizing their products like cereal, cookies, and pretty much any grocery items while still charging the same insane prices for them.

Where I live in Canada, an average size box of cereal such as "Froot Loops", "Mini-Wheats", and "Count Chocula" still costs around $4-6 a box with less amount of cereal in it.

Our loaves of bread have shortened in length with thinner slices, but yet the prices still remain high. Nobody seems to be doing anything about it. They complain about the prices yet do nothing to try and stop these companies from charging consumers these high prices while downsizing the amount of the product.( i.e. "Froot Loops" when opened up shows that they don't put near the amount in the box like they used to, but people still buy it.)

What are your opinions on these issues? Why do you feel that so many people are just tolerating these rip off artists. Do you experience these problems where you reside?

Why do you feel that we as consumers being aware of all this downsizing
in content and do absolutely nothing about it. We just continue to buy these less amounts of food at the insane prices and take it up the ass?

What are your opinions on the huge companies ripping us off? Why do you feel that we as consumers are continuing to tolerate this robbery?

The companies have 2 choices. They can downsize the product and leave it at the same price or they can keep it at the same size and raise the price.
Consumers will get in an uproar when they see the cost go up more than when the size goes down.

What blackdot said. The cost of producing these products are going up. Heck the price of sandpaper sky rocketed a few years ago because of fuel costs. Yes making sandpaper consumes fuels. I have 24 grit paper that was once 8 bucks a sheet that is now 10 bucks a sheet. That's only 2 dollars but it adds up fast, real fast.

It may feel like you are forcibly getting it up the ass with no say in it but these companies have no choice. The company I work for raised rates 6 years ago, we should be doing it again with how fuel and oil has gone up since then. I have people who complain about our rates now, that are pretty much at or a bit below the bigger companies. Now I just ding people more if they bring something back empty or give it to them empty. I'm actually going to enact a policy Uhaul has and start charging a refueling fee on top of the fuel costs. We can't afford to keep losing money like that anymore.

Everything has gone up, cost of living, fuel, energy, water, groceries, yet people aren't getting paid more. So companies either limit decreasing their volumes to keep prices where they are or raise rates.

Money buys the freedom to do whatever you want. Most of us don't have much of either. As long as you rely on someone else for anything you are giving up your freedoms and putting your future in the hands of others. Mostly in the hands of people who wanna work you to the bone then milk you for all you've earned.

The only way out is to go back to the roots. Start providing for yourself. Grow your own foods/livestock. Learn how to cook, provide clean water, electricity, heat. Learn how to make your own clothes, and learn how to make complicated chemical things with natural, easy to find substitutes.
[Edit - I guess another way out would be to have a ton of money]

I'm just going to say right now, I'm not killing my own chicken/pig/cow. I will go vegetarian before I do that.

That's fine. You can have the butcher do it for you. It might cost you a bit though. Still its much cheaper and cleaner than buying it from a store. Or you can go fishing a lot/ raise fish. Rabbits are pretty good to start out with. They don't eat much, grow fast, multiply fast, and taste pretty good. They are also almost pure lean meat, and their skins can be useful.

[Edit - You also get the peace of mind of knowing that you treated your animals well and killed them humanely so you don't have to feel guilty about your food.]

I've noticed it a lot with chips. Half of the bag is air. I have noticed these "extra" size products like cereal and they really are filled nicely but that's probably what a regular is supposed to look like. I haven't noticed the bread getting shorter or thinner slices though. hmm. I think it's still cheaper to buy bread than make it yourself from my experience. Flour is kinda expensive these days though. (Unless it always has been but I doubt it).

I don't have much say and nothing I can do about it. I try to save what I do get and not let it go to waste. Sometimes buying in bulk can be good depending on the sale and freezing stuff for later.

I should mention that prices in Canada are higher because the price of gasoline is higher, raising overall logistical costs on each layer of production. The companies then eventually pass the costs onto the end consumer.

I used some of my Christmas money to buy a new PS3 controller for $54.99.
Today I had to go to "Future Shop" to return a usb cable. While waiting in line, I noticed that this guy was holding a box with what looked like a
"God Of War" bundle pack or something. I'm more of an rpg/fight kind of gamer. I've never played any of the "God Of War" titles. I'm not really into that hack and slash

On the box I noticed an image of what looked like a ps2 controller, but that doesn't add up. A bundle pack of ps3 games and a ps2 controller?? Makes no sense.

Long story short it was a ps3 controller with 2 or 3 "God Of War" titles in one bundle. The price? I think it was like $39.99!! I could have had the whole package like he did for that price. To be completely honest, I wasn't aware of this bundle pack with a controller. I've never seen or heard about this one before. I jumped in too late. They were sold out.

A member of the chess club. Something went wrong with his computer
so we played a few casual games over the phone. As much as I would love to say that I crushed him I can't Lol I won maybe 4 out of the 12 or 13 Lol
Brutal.:club:

Mystery Link:
http://www.32keys.com/

That's still a big jump in ratings. Have you checked out different time controls? Like the grand prix tournaments what time control do they use? You mentioned using chesscube which is mostly blitz. Maybe branching out and playing online at higher time controls could help ratings more than blitzing most of the time.

I remember playing the demo for the first God of War on the ps2. The graphics blew my mind. I want to say it was pretty much the first game of that style.

kamya said:
That's still a big jump in ratings. Have you checked out different time controls? Like the grand prix tournaments what time control do they use? You mentioned using chesscube which is mostly blitz. Maybe branching out and playing online at higher time controls could help ratings more than blitzing most of the time.

I remember playing the demo for the first God of War on the ps2. The graphics blew my mind. I want to say it was pretty much the first game of that style.
Hey kamya.:) That's some good advixe. It would prove beneficial to polish my game up by mixing it up with various time controls.

Good thinking.
Jason

Hi viewers. I hope this post finds you all well.:)

Most people when asked if they care about what others think of them, they'll most likely say that they don't care. I think that in a lot of ways people do care about what others think about them. I'll be honest, I do care what others think of me for the most part. You?

God Bless.
LK

I do unfortunatley, to the point that it gets me upset. I don't really mean the way I look, more about the kind of person I am. It bothers me when someone thinks things about me that aren't true, or if they don't really take the time to get to know me, or why I may feel/act a certain way. It is actually really starting to bug me to the point of just saying screw it. I get tired of trying to fit in with people or trying to get to know people who don't show me the same back, or go out of my way to help someone just to be crapped on. Anyways, before I turn this into a long rant I'll stop.

I would say no, apart from those closest to me when i fresia things up.

Sadly, yes. This usually ends up backfiring on me splendidly. Trying to cultivate a mindset where I don't give a **** about what some gits think, but sometimes, they still get to me. The whole mindset some folks have of being nasty to people based on your preconceptions and petty desire to put other people down, really serves to tick me off.

There's nothing worse then when someone that you idolize
and look up to thinks you are an *******. Tim Duncan is my favorite basketball player. Hands down. If he thought of me as a prick it would sting
much more than if it were coming from just someone I knew.

You're going to get a lot of yes's to this question. My answer, not surprisingly, is yes.

Yes, but if I meet an idiot, then I would not care of how that person would think of me.

No. I learned a long time ago that it's not worth the time and stress to worry what others think.
Sometimes I don't even care what I think. HA HA HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back