LoneKiller's Scrapbook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whispers said:
Its a race recovering from trauma and injustice brought to their people by the whites.

I agree this has a subtle but very powerful effect. You'd think that time could erase it. If so, that'd be very gradual. When your great ancestors have forgotten their worth, they pass that on to their children. Cos their children would grow up with the same lack of esteem and lack of identity their parents had brought them up with, their community had brought them up with.

Probably one very major reason why this world is messed up was slavery (colonialism) Specially in races that were just starting to define themselves as a race or as a country or haven't even defined themselves as one race or one people.

Anyway, I don't believe it's in anyone's blood to be menace as most would be quick to assume, but probably, it's in how society would mold people. When the concept of justice was made vague by past oppression, added with growing up with belittling perception by most people (racism) over the years, when in life's hardship only the very great would uphold personal principles where most would just be victims of the unfairness of life and of people.

No, if it is self defense or because someone hurt a child or something like that.

yes in most other cases, if a family member becomes deranged enough to do that, i woulndt trust them around anyone.

Depends on what the conditions were, like what whipsers said.

If I witnessed or knew of a family member that committed murder, yes I would testify against them. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing what they did and I kept silent. My hopes would be that they would just turn themselves in and save everyone from having to.

It has significantly to do with the economic conditions you grow up in. Its not called "cycle of poverty" for nothing.

African Americans... It's black people, bro. Unless we were actually born in African and live in America, we're simply called black people.

And I wish I had lived in a lower rent area. I would have saved some money.

It's as pointless and unfair of a term as ones such as "European American," or "Asiatic American," which are also based on a collective view of people who have their heritage from a certain continental region, regardless of their nationality or separate ethnic groups. Everyone living in America, except for the native American Indians (a term most tribes accept and are accustomed to through their elders), have an immigrant-settler lineage.

Not to sound contradictory, I believe that unless you were born in the country of your background before becoming an American, or made a personal choice to be called ie. Italian American, Irish American, or Mexican American, in a show of pride for one's culture; just plain American should do fine in recognition that North America has always been a culturally diversified region since the post-colonial period.

I'm not familiar with how this would apply in other countries like Britain and France, it's really a messy controversy in the end.

They have higher proportions of crime due to poverty, to some extent discrimination, and due to certain elements of various subcultures. (the culture of poverty as some have put it).

Those who say they're criminals because of race are being racist. But nowadays more people understand it's due to social factors.

Hey.:)

People are always going on about dentists and how they charge too much for their work. I used to believe that until I had aching teeth extracted, and a painful wisdom tooth as well.

I believe that their prices are reasonable considering how much relief they bring to a patient. I think a lot of us can understand just how truly painful
a toothache or impacted wisdom tooth can be.

Thanks for viewing.

Do you like to make the "First Move" with a woman/man, or do you wait for them to do so? I've tried making the first move before, but I'm so **** afraid that she will withdraw making me look like an idiot. On the other hand, if I wait for her, I could conceivably, be waiting forever. It's so **** awkward.

Thanks for viewing.:)

I dun think this is in the right section .-.
As always .-.

I wanna make the first move but i can't so meh .-.

I'm an equal opportunity first mover. It's pretty flattering when someone takes the chance with you.

It's pretty awesome when a girl makes a move on you. But it's such a rare occurrence that, regardless of whether or not you like it, you kind of have to get used to doing it...

(Just to go off on a mini-rant, the idea that only men can instigate and women can never instigate is terrible, I don't know why it's there and it just makes everyone miserable so it can really just go fresia off - unfortunately we just have to live with it :/ )

The bisexual girls I've known have been good first-movers, I guess they have to be, also there's less of a stigma if one of your female friends hits on you (or so I've been told).

I have, but I don't prefer to. Part of it was because I knew he was too scared to, lol.

Depends on what you mean by the "first move" and what the context is. I'll smile beguilingly at a stranger across a crowded room, but I'm not going to walk over to him and plant one on his lips or just grab his package.

No - I am a coward (for the most part).

00020344.gif

Do You Like To Make The "First Move"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back