Lonely and Shy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toshy.

Reaction score
so, recently I've been feeling lonely and worthless. I'm 15 years old and I've got one true friend we've been friends for two years. She and I do everything together, but I want to meet new people because I feel like an old married couple or a couple of friendless loners?

I find it hard to make friends nowadays because most people are judgemental and sterotypical. I've been called a geek many times just because I like Doctor Who.

I've been told too stop being shy, join a club, and not to care what people think but the thing is i'm so conciencious about myself, what I say and look like. I also i'm not like other girls who like to do dancing or play netball so I dont really have any interests of joining a club.

I often find myself trying to keep busy, so I walk to the shops and buy food for the sake of it. This doesnt help though. I've lost weight because I find myself just eating snacks at random times.

I dont know what to do? Help.
Am I depressed or Just lonely?

Thanks.

I think "geeky" girls are fun to hang around with :) Don't really see that as being a disadvantage.

At least this is the view shared by most people here in Sydney

In fact, girls who go to clubs/get drunk turn me off

allanh said:
I think "geeky" girls are fun to hang around with :) Don't really see that as being a disadvantage.

At least this is the view shared by most people here in Sydney

In fact, girls who go to clubs/get drunk turn me off

Thanks, :)
I wish most people here where I live had the same point of view as you but at my age they dont.

which country are you from?
I went to Supanova (supanova.com.au) and most of the girls who attended are of your age. Don't think you are an anomaly :)

toshy. said:
so, recently I've been feeling lonely and worthless. I'm 15 years old and I've got one true friend we've been friends for two years. She and I do everything together, but I want to meet new people because I feel like an old married couple or a couple of friendless loners?

I find it hard to make friends nowadays because most people are judgemental and sterotypical. I've been called a geek many times just because I like Doctor Who.

I've been told too stop being shy, join a club, and not to care what people think but the thing is i'm so conciencious about myself, what I say and look like. I also i'm not like other girls who like to do dancing or play netball so I dont really have any interests of joining a club.

I often find myself trying to keep busy, so I walk to the shops and buy food for the sake of it. This doesnt help though. I've lost weight because I find myself just eating snacks at random times.

I dont know what to do? Help.
Am I depressed or Just lonely?

Thanks.

OMG I LOVE DOCTOR WHO. DAVID TENNANT FTW...<3

I don't have interest in dancing, clubbing, sports etc as well - which a lot of young girls like.
I think however you SHOULD try out new interests - you never know, you could grow to enjoy something new!
But don't be embarrassed by what you DO like...if there is a Doctor Who club then join it!
I find it much more enjoyable to do things that I enjoy regardless of what others around me think of it.
Does your school have any other type of clubs other than the usual? Look into it.
I'm not sure what your town/ city has to offer...but try looking at new volunteer opportunities or recreational activities. Where I live, the comic book stores have game nights; we have quite a selection of hobby groups etc. I'm not saying you'll make friends overnight - it takes time and you may find that you're not compatible with everyone - but it's an opportunity to meet new people and see how things go from there.

OMG LUNA.
Yes, David Tennant is the best Doctor tbh!

Also My city, doesnt have much too offer. I mean I'm into art but it costs too much to do a course and theres no clubs for it.
Thanks, for your advice i'll try look into more groups for like comic books and stuff :D

comic books? Are you into anime , manga stuff? If you are , it sounds we do share a common interest :)

allanh said:
comic books? Are you into anime , manga stuff? If you are , it sounds we do share a common interest :)

Well, I'm not really into much anime.
I'm more of a Doctor Who fan :)

geeky girls are the hottest :p i am a nerdy guy from sydney australia......geeky guys are not too popular anyways :p

Latest posts

Back