Lonely because I like Trump

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamya said:
Does it REALLY affect you though? 

First America owes no one an obligation other than America. I had a friend in New Zealand and she did the same song and dance.  I reject it.  If your truly are that dependent on America you need to examine how to make your country stronger and more independent. But I think your country is.. it is just your media that is practically a direct feed to the American fake news. 

I hate the way people use the word racists lately. Like if they tag you with that you are one and need to be quiet. But today there are all kind of people that are racists and you really have to examine if they are (using actions) and not words. Scratch the surface people. The best racists in the world know how to pretend they aren't.

TheRealCallie said:
I still don't understand why people whine and ***** about this honeysuckle.  The American people didn't put him in office, the electoral college did.  Clinton actually won the population vote.  So yeah, it doesn't matter WHO everyone voted for because it didn't do anything to elect the president.  
With that said, he IS the president now and he's likely going to stay that way for a while, so get over it, accept it.  Things would be just as bad if Clinton  was president.  Or if Obama was still president.  Doesn't really matter who sits in the oval office, they will fresia up at some point. Some will hate them, some will love them.  It's always the **** same.

You're bitching and whining about this honeysuckle now, so how are you any different?

It's very naive of you to assume it doesn't matter. This administration has great potential to negatively affect a great deal of people. Don't assume no one will be affected just because YOU might not experience any repercussions. People are going to speak out for as long as Trump's in office and they have every right to, so get over it, accept it. ;)

How am I bitching and whining?  Every president fucks up something.  Every president has people who hate them and people who love them.
I do recall saying that Trump will fresia honeysuckle up too since I said EVERY president.  What I also said was that the PEOPLE didn't actually elect him, whoever they voted for has NOTHING to do with who won.  So bitching and thing about whether someone did or did not vote for Trump is irrelevant, because that vote didn't decide the outcome.  
I don't really care who is president, because whoever it is will fresia something up.  However, I do kind of like that a person who isn't all politics all the time is in office.  Trump may not have been the greatest choice, but whatever, he's in, he's the president, get over it.

kamya said:
TheLoadedDog said:
It's weird.  I am going to pile some honeysuckle on Americans in this post, but please do not take it personally...

I am an Australian citizen.  I am not American.  So far, so good.

Americans need to understand what it is like to be NOT American.  Whether the POTUS is Trump, Obama, Mickey Mouse, Fred Flintstone, Reagan....   Thiis is a person that we have not voted for.  This is the leader of the free world.  I am in Sydney.   Why should my future be held up by some recount of ballots in Florida (Dubya election)?

So yes, we get a bit snarky about Trump.  And that creature that lives in his hair.

Does it REALLY affect you though? If you had no outside news of anything going on outside of Australia for the past few years would you even have noticed a difference between before trump vs after?

The only thing I really see is the news trying to whip people into a frenzy and make them nervous and anxious when in reality, for the most part, not much has changed.

US politics has a huge bearing on other countries. The price of oil, Australian farmers competing against American ones when the American ones are protected by favourable tariffs at the hands of the US government, US military on our soil in top secret installations that the Australian public has no access to (Google "Pine Gap"), the destruction of our motor industry, and lots more.  And this is a friendly country.  An ally.  

I think a lot of Americans don't understand how it feels from the other side.  I'm not anti-American.  I like you guys, and there is much about your nation to be admired.  But we in the little countries do tend to feel like we've been run over by a steamroller sometimes.

The other thing is my personal politics, and how that translates differently in Australian and American values.

I identify as mildly conservative. If I were American I would probably vote Republican (but not rusted on - I would take each election as it comes). Strangely, I've done those online political spectrum tests. The Australian ones have me slightly to the right of Genghis Khan. THe American ones have me drinking tea with Karl Marx.

So, I have some sort of basic sympathy for Trump. In a way. I don't like the man. But I can get the Trump thing. And the Australian media has been a bit tiresome in its non stop tearing down of the man.

But the thing is, regardless of your personal politics.....

...Trump is innately humorous. He looks like he's about toi have a heart attack. He tweets weird honeysuckle. He has a small unidentified mammal living in his hair.

As they said recently about the North Korean crisisL: "the future of humanity rests upon the two men with the world's stupidest haircuts."

LOL I agree with that assessment. Even here in Canada, the US's closest ally, a lot of the stuff happens to you directly affects us, even internally.
Most people I know have a mix of horror and fascination with Trump. While at the same time not understanding what the hell he's doing in that particular seat. It's like electing Jacques Villeneuve (famous Quebec racing figure) to go to the Olympics on the Bobsleight team. It's kind of whacked lol. It'd be hilarious if he wasn't so terrifying.

Personally, on Donald Trump, I've hated him for a long time, that has literally zero to do with his entering into political races. He's a schmuck, a moron and a criminal. Friend of mine got fired in NY because of his antics which smacked of mafiosi dealings (this has been written about before, you can check it out). Plus, I used to be a wrestling fan and that skit he did on WWE Raw completely soured my disposition towards watching the show (plus he and McMahon are friends and Linda, McMahon's wife, tried for two terms to get in and didn't, 'lo and behold, Trump goes in, so does she­. Doesn't sound real honest). Plus, you know...McMahon's a known ******.

Always thought Trump was a moron; hasn't changed. But now I think he's a dangerous moron that can seriously ill-effect the US. Though I'd be lying if I said I thought it was my problem. He's your Prez. Have fun with him lol.

All that being said, never would I ever look down on someone because of his political opinions. Some of my friends are clear Republicans and I wouldn't have it any other way. I like to hear both sides of the argument, odds are the answer's somewhere in the middle. I appreciate my friends for far more reasons than political ones.

If they slept with Trump...got a couple of millions and didn't SHARE WITH ME......THEN I'd be pissed ;-)

People freak out when they feel threatened. It's self defense, as much as it sucks. A lot of people feel threatened by the idea of Trump having the power of the presidency and what he'll do with it. If they see you as part of the people that put that threat out there, then they end up feeling threatened by you as well.

I'm not a Trump supporter myself, but I've tasted enough bitterness from "good" people when I've shared a threatening idea, to know what it's like.

I wish more people could look objectivly at controversial subjects. I feel like we loose out on learning so much from each other simply because we make it impossible for everyone to share their ideas.

Latest posts

Back